Best Internet Security?

Reaction score
Time to look for new anti virus & internet security for main pc & laptop.
Have been using bit Defender Total Security 2013 which on the whole has worked well.
But what is the best one, if there is a best one on the market to go for?

What are others using or recommend?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
MSE, does what it says on the tin and isn't a resource hog, and most of all it is bloody good for a freebie.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
There is no best one.

I use MSE. It may be excellent or I may have been very lucky. I guess I will never know for sure. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What the previous 4 respondents said.

Plus it doesn't hurt to run Malwarebytes occasionally, I've found it can find stuff MSE can miss, and vice versa.

Both MSE and Malwarebytes are freebies.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah every now and again I run Super Antispyware, MAB and ESET 'Online scanner' - http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/ usually remotely when I'm at work so it isn't doing it when I'm using the PC

Peace of mind if nothing else. :)

Reaction score
I used to use MSE but went on a dodgy site (unknowing)and caught a virus, I now use ParetoLogic Internet Security and have found that brilliant.. I also use Super AntiSpyware and Mailwarebytes

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I used to use MSE but went on a dodgy site (unknowing)and caught a virus, I now use ParetoLogic Internet Security and have found that brilliant.. I also use Super AntiSpyware and Mailwarebytes

How do you know Paretologic is brilliant? Did you try re-visiting the dodgy site to test it's worth?

Remember, NO AV or Malware program is foolproof, it's a constant daily battle for them against the virus writers and some days the virus writers win. So just because one product fails one time is no real reason to write it off.

As well as virus/malware writers the AV community's second biggest enemy is user foolishness or if not foolishness then ignorance. Most folk don't realise there's a veritable array of evil-minded so-and-so's out there in the wild trying to do you harm, most users seem to think the Internet is as lovable as the house on Pooh Corner. It's not, it's a jungle.

I presume you have the free copy of Paretologic?

Incidentally, a quick Google on Paretologic logic reveals many alleged scams, particularly something called Pareto Regcure, lots of disgruntled folk, so maybe a little caution is called for.

Reaction score
Time to look for new anti virus & internet security for main pc & laptop.
Have been using bit Defender Total Security 2013 which on the whole has worked well.
But what is the best one, if there is a best one on the market to go for?

What are others using or recommend?

For me it will be always ... [oops run over by a bus :eek: ]

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
in my view every antivirus software is best with possible time to time updates!

Thank you for that pearl of wisdom old son :thumb: as a gesture of goodwill I will offer this little gem to your good self:

'It takes longer to get up north the slow way'

Welcome to the Forum :)

Ask a Question