Becky

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That is jolly good to hear @Ian, we are rooting for @Becky here too. Hope the blood-patch treatment will be a great success, enabling Becky to get back on her feet again very soon. All the very best to you both. :cheers:

Reaction score
Great to hear :thumb:I wish her a speedy recovery poor girl she deserves some good luck and news, also you Ian as I know what it is like to support a loved one through a long illness. Good luck and all the best to both of you.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :D we're really pleased that things are finally on the right track. I can't believe how long this has taken though, and I still can't quite believe it's December (how did that happen?!). We'll keep you posted how it goes.

In the meantime, I hope everyone has a great Christmas :cheers:

Reaction score
I too have missed this thread. Becky I hope all goes well with you,I to know what a back ache can be like...but nothing like yours. If you can have good Christmas,and hopefully a better new year.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I just wanted to post a quick update, as if all goes to plan, Becky may be back on her feet in a month or so. We're still not 100% sure of the problem, but it looks like Becky has had a spinal fluid leak for a long time - which would explain why she can't sit or stand. This is alongside, but likely caused by the back issues.

She is getting a "blood patch" to try and seal the leak at the end of the month, and if it works it will be life changing :thumb:.

So how did it go then ?

Hope all is well and Becky is just too busy to post.

Reaction score
So glad Becky seems to be over the worst and hopefully on the mend, I do know what she is going through although my back problem only took a year to resolve or mostly hers seems to been over several years. I have great sympathy for her.
Please give her my best wishes and hope all goes well for her. ALSO to you Ian in the support and love you have given her over this period of time it must have so frustrating for you as well. So in closing well the both of you love is a wonderful healer as well.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Many thanks for all of the well wishes everyone :).

Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned and Becky hasn't had the blood patch yet - we're still waiting for a date. Things are pretty complicated at the moment, as the neurological problems have overtaken the back problem by quite some way. We've been warned that the blood patch is far from guaranteed to fix things, but we're remaining hopeful :).

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm so sorry that Becky has to endure those health complications @Ian. Hubby, the cats and I, send our love and best wishes to her, and hope there will be a change for the better very soon. :nod:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Let's hope it's not too long. Blasted flu that's holding things up, especially in this area, and probably yours. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Damn. Sorry to hear that @Ian....

Best wishes to you both, hoping you will get a firm date soon. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hello! :wave:

I had the blood patch yesterday and it all went well. Bit of a long story, but the anaesthetist (the person doing the procedure) held things up because he didn't think it was necessary... thankfully in the end he agreed to do it. If I'm honest, I didn't have high hopes but I felt it was a useful diagnostic tool. So I was quite surprised when I had a whoosh of clarity while the blood was being injected! It was like waking up, I felt like I was on the ball for a change. I still have a headache, but I would usually expect it to be much worse following a trip out of the house. I usually get quite nauseous too, and that hasn't happened yet. Got to take it easy over the next few days, but I'm feeling cautiously optimistic!

Might be a while before I'm back to normal, but it looks like we're on the right path now. Hurrah!

How's things with you all? Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year! :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Wow that is fantastic news! I can't imagine what that must have felt like when you had that rush.

Things definitely sound like they are looking up Becky! Fingers crossed you're on the road to recovery! :thumb:

Thinking of you. :)

Reaction score
Terrific news Becky, I do hope all goes well for you after all this time of pain and suffering.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah, that is truly great news. :thumb:

Sincerely hope that things continue to improve and that you get back to your old self. :nod:

Ask a Question