Becky

Reaction score
Oh poor Becky I do know how she feels, let her know she is in my thoughts and we all miss her on the forums. I hope your Appointment went well and she is a little further forward with her treatment and proposed treatment.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Becky is in our thoughts here too. We both hope that your appointment with the surgeon went well and, that you were offered some positive advice/treatment. Wishing Becky all the very best (you too, Ian - this must be a very concerning and stressful time for you both.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you all, it means a lot :)

We came away from the surgeon appointment with more questions, as he was also very puzzled by the way things are going. He's a really good guy, so we're glad he's on the case - he's having a multi-disciplinary meeting with a neurologist and neuro-radiologist to try and figure things out, as they don't want to touch her back while she's having these other brain related problems that are seemingly connected to her spine.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave:

Thanks so much for all the kind words and wishes, it really does mean a lot :nod:

The crux of the problem is I've got some very weak discs in my lower back that have herniated again. I've had them operated on before (twice) and I've been told they can't do the same operation again. The consultant did some lumbar injections for the pain, but since I had the injections I've had a really bad headache and I find it really difficult to concentrate (especially later in the day). As an added bonus the injections didn't help with the back/leg pain either :rolleyes: Looks like I've probably got a slow spinal fluid leak, but they're difficult to find. Once it's sorted they can tackle my back - I'm hoping for a fusion given all the problems I've had. It'll be so nice to get back to normal again!

Anyhoo I hope you're all doing well! :cheers:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hey up Becky hope yer feeling a tad better. :wave:

Posted just as you did. I'll keep me fingers crossed that all goes well.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Great to see you posting again Becky, even if it just brief, and hoping you get better soon. :)

Reaction score
I feel for you I realy do as I know what back pain is. When I was in the Fire Brigade I got hit with a blast from a exploding 100 lb propain cylinder which threw me across the ground about 30/40 feet and I landed heavily on my back. I had therapy in hospital for a year and was prematurely retired from the job I loved. So I have some idea of what you are going through. Don,t worry it does get better my thoughts are with you. One step at a time.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
So good to see you on the forum, I know its still not over but take rest and let Ian pamper you. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. :cheers:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi there Becky, it's so good to see you! :D

I am sorry that you have to suffer a painful head in addition to your painful back. Hope your doctors will speedily resolve the leakage problem and restore you to good health again. You are much missed around the Forums. :nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I just wanted to post a quick update, as if all goes to plan, Becky may be back on her feet in a month or so. We're still not 100% sure of the problem, but it looks like Becky has had a spinal fluid leak for a long time - which would explain why she can't sit or stand. This is alongside, but likely caused by the back issues.

She is getting a "blood patch" to try and seal the leak at the end of the month, and if it works it will be life changing :thumb:.

Ask a Question