avg still on my laptop!

Reaction score
hey - i should have said I did run ccleaner when you first suggested it earlier in the thread (loosing track of time think it was yesterday...?) it's very thorough but no avg files and I did check in its tools I looked at everything as first time I'd used it so thanks for that.

Going into registry may well be asking for premature greyness, really wouldn't know what I was doing (why is 'search' in quotes?)

F-secure sounds promising I will do a search tomorrow evening and see what I can find online.

I will let you know how I get on (of course;) )

Lorraine

muckshifter said:
This is getting ridiculous ... :rolleyes:

I wish program writers would write a decent un-installer for their programs.

OK, go get CCleaner install and run it on the default settings to start with ... then have a look at its Tools/Startup, do you see AVG/Grisoft listed, if so use CCleaner to uninstall it.

The only other alternative is to edit the Windows registry yourself, no mean task for a beginer as you can quite easily kill windows. If you feel up to it, 'search' for anything to do with AVG and Grisoft.

There is one AV program that may actually help uninstall AVG and that is F-Secure it has its own anti-spyware built-in and, I think, offers to un-install any conflicting programs ... and it is a market leader, not sure if they have a free version, but they will let you try it our ... nowt to loose here.

user.gif

Ask a Question