Windows 7 AVG problems

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Used Avira some time ago - But Ive also been hearing lots of good things about the Microsoft security essentials.

So that warrants a look see as well.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Alf said:
Used Avira some time ago - But Ive also been hearing lots of good things about the Microsoft security essentials.

So that warrants a look see as well.

I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials since earlier this year. It seems to work fine, my only minor criticism would be that if you happen to be in a video game when it updates.... it will cause very bad lag. (Only lasts for a few minutes, but not good if you've reached a critical part of a mission
:( )

It can, of course, be set to update at a specific time (I set mine to update at 5 am.... however, it will still sometimes update itself late afternoon, or during the evening.) Other than that, it's fine
:thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Microsoft security essentials here ... never had a problem with update "lagging" my system, and I play online games. Your mileage may vary :D

Users of Windows 7 64-bit that use AVG Antivirus received a rather unpleasant surprise earlier this week. A recent AVG security update reportedly bricked these systems, presenting users with the infamous Blue Screen of Death (BSoD), thus making their PCs virtually unusable.

The update was automatically distributed to AVG Antivirus users on Wednesday night. Those who downloaded the update found their systems caught in a repetitive reboot loop. Users of both free and paid versions of the software have been affected.
http://www.infopackets.com/news/sec...ntivirus_update_bricks_windows_7_machines.htm

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd recommend Avira or Avast amongst the freebies.

My opinion based on what I've read, various reviews and 'league tables' and having personally tried both those two, AVG and MS Security Essentials.

Reaction score
I have put MS Security Essentials on the wife's PC and she has had no problems with it in fact when my subscription runs out on my pay for Internet security I will be changing to the MS security Essentials

Ask a Question