Autoreply running amuck!

Reaction score
Trying to help a friend whose business email account, using Outlook 2003, is having problems. Everyday, for the last several weeks, his inbox fills up with "undeliverable mail" from addresses he doesn't recognize. Also, anyone who sends him a legitimate email receives an autoreply with no message in the body of the email. He has never setup an autoreply and doesn't even seem to have the functionality to do so. On his Tools menu, he says there is no "Out of Office Assistant" or Rules Wizard.

He called BellSouth to see if the problem was related to their server, but the technician didn't see a problem, but plans on checking further and will get back to my friend. Is it an Outlook problem or has his email been spoofed, maybe. If spoofing is the problem, does anyone know a solution?

Any help is appreciated,
Bulldog1979

Reaction score
I'm still hoping for some expert advice on this forum. Since posting here, I went over to Anandtech forums to post and received a reply within a very short time. The advice was to download the free Kapersky antivirus program and run it in safe mode.

I would still appreciate a response from anyone who has had a similar experience with Outlook. Is there anything, other than a virus, that might explain the strange behavior.
Thanks,
bulldog1979

Ask a Question