ATT and Windows Mail

jwhardin99

Windows Mail and ATT has been working fine together, until recently. I am
not allowed to send mail anymore. It still receives fine. I received the
error message below.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'st . Agnes', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Dave N9

According to...
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&ct=9000818

The Outgoing (SMTP) server port should be 465, not 25.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"jwhardin99" wrote in message

Windows Mail and ATT has been working fine together, until recently. I am
not allowed to send mail anymore. It still receives fine. I received the
error message below.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'st . Agnes', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

The correct settings are given here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

Not only should the sending port be 465 instead of 35, but the
SSL option must also be enabled.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)