Sending Emails

JD

I am currently visiting a family memeber who has ATT internet. I can receive
emails fine, as well do anything on the internet. However I can not send a
single email. I have read the board but have not seen any solutions which
help my situation.
I am using windows mail (Vista) my email account is with Yahoo. My port is
set on 25.

error message
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

mac

JD said:
I am currently visiting a family memeber who has ATT internet. I can
receive
emails fine, as well do anything on the internet. However I can not send
single email. I have read the board but have not seen any solutions which
help my situation.
I am using windows mail (Vista) my email account is with Yahoo. My port
is
set on 25.

error message
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

You are using the wrong port number 25 should be 465.

See:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html

For all the account settings, particularly point 10.

Jo josie humphries

JD said:
I am currently visiting a family memeber who has ATT internet. I can
receive
emails fine, as well do anything on the internet. However I can not send
single email. I have read the board but have not seen any solutions which
help my situation.
I am using windows mail (Vista) my email account is with Yahoo. My port
is
set on 25.

error message
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

JD

I am using Microsoft Mail - Vista, not out look.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

.

JD

Thanks - changing to 465 did make it work. Do you think I will have to
change back to 25 when I get home?

mac said:
JD said:
[...]

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

No. Keep that setting on port 465 permanently.
After all, that's what your mail provider specifies.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)