Not Able to Send Mail

bwise

I am unable to send mail. I am using Windows Mail. I am receiving mail with
no problems. I have included the error message below. Any assistance would
be appreciated.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
obtained from Bellsouth/AT&T?
If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner of
the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
your Internet connection at that moment.
In order to provide you with some workarounds, let us know if you are
sending from home or from a laptop away from home?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"bwise" wrote in message
I am unable to send mail. I am using Windows Mail. I am receiving mail with
no problems. I have included the error message below. Any assistance would
be appreciated.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

bwise

Yes, my connection is from Bellsouth/ATT. I am trying to send messages from
home. I haven't changed any settings. Thanks.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

It is possible that AT&T has migrated your Bellsouth account to the newer platform.
Try the server names and settings given here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

If that results in a different error message, please post it here.

"bwise" wrote in message
Yes, my connection is from Bellsouth/ATT. I am trying to send messages from
home. I haven't changed any settings. Thanks.

phyllink

i am having the same problem

--
bwise

.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

If you looked at other posts, you know the drill.
Do you get an error message when you try to send or receive? If so,
right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"phyllink" wrote in message
i am having the same problem

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

All the more reason why I need to see *your* error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"phyllink" wrote in message
i don't have at&t i have comcast xfinity