cannot send emails

hmar

I haven't been able to send emails for days now. This is an error code I get
-
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: The IKEA Sale starts
tomorrow!', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Are you sending from home or away from home?
If at home, were you using a Bellsouth Internet connection?
Has your home ISP notified you that your Bellsouth mail account has been
migrated to the AT&T/Yahoo mail server?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"hmar" wrote in message
I haven't been able to send emails for days now. This is an error code I get
-
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: The IKEA Sale starts
tomorrow!', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

hmar

I am sending from home.
Yes, it is a Bellsouth internet connection.

I use Windows Mail. I do know that I have to get my mail away from home on
the Yahoo mail page.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

I suggest you give the newer AT&T/Yahoo servers and settings a try because
your ISP may have migrated your account without telling you. Use the
settings and server names given here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738