Ati vs NvIDIA

Reaction score
soooo who has the best cards?!?

i want to buy a:

Connect3D ATI Radeon X800 XL 256MB

but not sure wheather to or get a nvidia...

i will play first person shooters like DOOM3, FRA CRY,CS SOURCE ect ect...

what ya think or can recomend? people have said the 6600 but this cards out performs it!

*(PCI not AGP)*

Also how can you get other peoples 3dmark scores for GFX cards :S i ahve searched google but just a load of forums come up with the GFX card i dont want!!!

G~MAN ;)

Reaction score
thanks ME but what do people think of the Connect3D ATI Radeon X800 XL 256MB???

it looks a good card and on the link ME gave me scores pretty well i think.... doom 3 sumin like 93fps (low settings) but still! ! the cards that beat it are the 6800ultra and gt and they cost a fair bit more aswell.... and by about 10fps...

i think that is the card to get but tell me otherwise! :)

reading belloni's thread...are api cards hard to overclock!?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
all cards are easy to overclock, it just depends on if you get a card that is already at its limit

Reaction score
alright... like his lol

Connect3D ATI Radeon X800 XL 256MB???

YAY / NAY ???

Reaction score
nvdia geforce 6800 gt

Don't think of it any longer, if you can afford it go for the geforce 6800 gt. I'm playing Doom 3 with ultra quality and it just rocks!. Anyway Ati graphic cards don't work properly on games like doom or far cry, there's gotta do some twitchin' with the latest catalyst drivers.

With my new nvdia 6800gt everything works just fine. Go for it you won't regret it

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the 6800 series is better for some games but do you want to spend the extra cash ? either way a 6800 or X800 series card will be amazing

Reaction score
The thing is with the x800 XL and the 6800gt is the price differcence!

''there's gotta do some twitchin' with the latest catalyst drivers''

what do you mean by that :S

Reaction score
geforce 6800

I mean with the original ati drivers a friend of mine could not run doom 3 properly. He had to d/l catalysts drivers ad enable/disable some options to make it work. I found it too complicated. That's what I meant.
And even with the latest drivers for the x800 it cannot be compared to the geforce 6800 (which is the one I ened up buying after owning an ATI X600)

:)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
bernat said:
. I'm playing Doom 3 with ultra quality and it just rocks!. Anyway Ati graphic cards don't work properly on games like doom or far cry, there's gotta do some twitchin' with the latest catalyst drivers.
Ultra quality is made for 512mb video cards, normally you cant run true Ultra mode as all the textures are uncompressed and require more memory than thats on a 256mb card. but i have been able to run it from time to time (i just play on with every thing on high)
the X800XL is a increadable card for the price, as it is comparable to the 6800GT and $100 less! this is a real buy right now, of course the GT is SLI compatable.

Reaction score
cheers for your posts guys... i think il go for the X800XL seeeing as it is ALOT cheaper and is not far off the GT's scores...

also after seeing the link given 2 me ( thanks ME :) ) and seeing it got a 9.5 out of 10!! :p

and alot of people at school recomended getting an ati card over nvidia...

so the X800XL it is :)

Reaction score
Yes ... e.g me eh G-MAN !!! Don't listen to the dude about nVidia ... he doesn't know anything anywayz as we know :p lol

I'll come round and put it in for you if you want m8 :p hehe And obviously i'll check it out ;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
just want get my moneys worth! lol hopefully last me a few years :)

you know technology, it'll last you about 2 days before a upgrade is needed:p
most cards will be good for about 2 years, before a new generation card will appear.

Reaction score
well pci is more futureproof than the agp generation :) :p

and aslong as it plays current games well il b happy... and future games... :p

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
AGP is 8x and even the top agp card doesnt use all 8 uhh..things (make sense?)
so im stayin with AGP till i can build a new system.
and on a side note- i heard talk that newer 1024 pin CPUs are going to be coming out in the near future!

Ask a Question