ATi Releases Radeon 9000 Line

Reaction score
A little late on the news, but ATi announced their Radeon 9000 line of products this week, which include the high end 9700, based on the R300 chip, and the 9000 Pro, based on the R250 chip.

The 9700 is a Geforce4 4600 killer (easily), beating it by anywhere between 30% and 200% in some tests, and the 4600 Ti is no slouch.

The 9000 Pro is a Geforce 4 MX killer, and in most tests, it either performs on-par, or slightly faster (however loses in some as well). It even manages to beat the 4200 Ti in one test over at Anandtech.

I suggest you check out some of the demos, specs and info found both at the ATi site, and read the reviews over at AnandTech, HardOCP, and Tom's Hardware.

The reviews look amazing, and I'm convinced. I'll be buying a 9700 when it's available, in 30 days.

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
Before you get your hopes to far up I think there is something you should read here

wildone

Ask a Question