Radeon 9500 Announcement Tomorrow [Updated]

Reaction score
According to a leaked press release from Gigabyte, ATi has plans to announce the release of the Radeon 9500 graphics card. So far, not much info is known about it, other than the fact that it will have 64 megs of ram, and have half the pipelines of the Radeon 9700, effectivly crippling it, if you will.

It is designed for OEM use and consumers who don't want to spend a fortune, but still want a well performing video card.

In other ATi news, they showed off a demo of a R300 board running off DDRII technology. Rumours were that nVidia would show off this new memory in an NV30 board earlier, but I guess ATi beat them to it, futher proving their dedication to continue dominating the grapics card market, at least performance-wise, for now.

[Updated] ATi launched the boards today, a day later than expected. Reviews are up at all the usual places. AnandTech, HardOCP, Tom's Hardware. I'm sure there are a bunch more in other places, but check these out first. Sorry for not linking directly to the article, I'm very busy tonight. They're easy to find, though.

Ask a Question