At least a non-geniune XP ...

Ayush

I know it is illegal but I tried to change the XP product key with the
crack numbers and programs available on the internet. I used KeyUpdate tool
[Microsoft's] , msoobe [with /a parameter] and some programs to do this.I
used the KeyUpdate tool > it says error occurred, you have to manually
activate xp. After some tries with msoobe and crack programs, when I opened
msoobe /a , it said Windows is already activated. I rebooted , now it says
XX days left for activation. I made a System Restore point before that but
it is lost now because of the Key update tool. It makes a new point every
time a key is successfully entered in it. My Windows is activated before
that but it is not genuine. Can I get an Non-Genuine Windows please....I
don't want to buy right now....

Carey Frisch [MVP]

In order to resolve your non-genuine licensing issue,
please visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click
on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, click
on the Get Genuine button which will provide information
on how to acquire a WGA Kit.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

:

| I know it is illegal but I tried to change the XP product key with the
| crack numbers and programs available on the internet. I used KeyUpdate tool
| [Microsoft's] , msoobe [with /a parameter] and some programs to do this.I
| used the KeyUpdate tool > it says error occurred, you have to manually
| activate xp. After some tries with msoobe and crack programs, when I opened
| msoobe /a , it said Windows is already activated. I rebooted , now it says
| XX days left for activation. I made a System Restore point before that but
| it is lost now because of the Key update tool. It makes a new point every
| time a key is successfully entered in it. My Windows is activated before
| that but it is not genuine. Can I get an Non-Genuine Windows please....I
| don't want to buy right now....
| --
| > Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

So, let me see if I have this correctly .....

You posted on a MICROSOFT site that you are attmepting to violate copyright
laws....

You asked on a MICROSOFT site for ways to get an illegal copy of WINDOWS....

MICROSOFT owns this site, so therefore it would not be a stretch to assume
they can back track the server/ISP that you are using ......

Just curious, were you on some kind of medication that impaired your thought
processes when you sent this???

PRICELESS!!!!!!!

Ayush said:
I know it is illegal but I tried to change the XP product key with the
crack numbers and programs available on the internet. I used KeyUpdate tool
[Microsoft's] , msoobe [with /a parameter] and some programs to do this.I
used the KeyUpdate tool > it says error occurred, you have to manually
activate xp. After some tries with msoobe and crack programs, when I opened
msoobe /a , it said Windows is already activated. I rebooted , now it says
XX days left for activation. I made a System Restore point before that but
it is lost now because of the Key update tool. It makes a new point every
time a key is successfully entered in it. My Windows is activated before
that but it is not genuine. Can I get an Non-Genuine Windows please....I
don't want to buy right now....
--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

NoStop

Ayush said:
I know it is illegal but I tried to change the XP product key with the
crack numbers and programs available on the internet. I used KeyUpdate
tool
[Microsoft's] , msoobe [with /a parameter] and some programs to do this.I
used the KeyUpdate tool > it says error occurred, you have to manually
activate xp. After some tries with msoobe and crack programs, when I
opened msoobe /a , it said Windows is already activated. I rebooted , now
it says XX days left for activation. I made a System Restore point before
that but it is lost now because of the Key update tool. It makes a new
point every time a key is successfully entered in it. My Windows is
activated before that but it is not genuine. Can I get an Non-Genuine
Windows please....I don't want to buy right now....

You can get a genuine-better-than-Windoze operating system here ...

http://www.ubuntu.com

--
Linux is ready for the desktop! More ready than Windoze XP.
http://tinyurl.com/ldm9d

"Computer users around the globe recognize that the most serious threats to
security exist because of inherent weaknesses in the Microsoft operating
system." McAfee

Ayush

Forget that website, i have ubuntu, fedora image files but i dont know what
to do with them.....

Here is all:

I subscribe to a magazine that provides free CD+DVD full of games , useful
softwares, mobile programs and much more. I have ubuntu and may be 4-5
fedora image files on a dvd. What to do with them.Please tell... I think i
have to join those image files and burn them to dvd to do something...
PLease i dont know anything other than windows.. Is there something special
hardware for that... You have to install them....

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

: "Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote:
:
[...]
: --
: Linux is ready for the desktop! More ready than Windoze XP.
: http://tinyurl.com/ldm9d
:
: "Computer users around the globe recognize that the most serious threats
: security exist because of inherent weaknesses in the Microsoft operating
: system." McAfee
:
:
:

arachnid

Forget that website, i have ubuntu, fedora image files but i dont know what
to do with them.....

Here is all:

I subscribe to a magazine that provides free CD+DVD full of games , useful
softwares, mobile programs and much more. I have ubuntu and may be 4-5
fedora image files on a dvd. What to do with them.Please tell... I think i
have to join those image files and burn them to dvd to do something...
PLease i dont know anything other than windows.. Is there something special
hardware for that... You have to install them....

If the filenames end in .iso, each file is a bootable CD image and you
want to burn one file per CD. To properly burn them you have to select
your cd-burning program's option to burn ISO's. It should be in the help
file. I would imagine some instructions would be on the DVD somewhere.
Fedora's for a more technical crowd than Ubuntu. I'd suggest trying Ubuntu
first.

If you can't figure out how to burn a bootable iso, just go to
www.ubuntu.com and fill out the form for a free CD to be mailed to you. Or
if you're willing to spend with a $8 for the DVD (which I strongly suggest
over the CD), try:

<http://www.osdisc.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi/products/dvd/ubuntu>

If you have any further questions, the ubuntu support group is:

alt.os.linux.ubuntu

arachnid

arachnid wrote:
just go to

Why?

A whole lot more applications, which makes it more practical to run off
the optical disc alone. If you don't have highspeed it also saves you a
lot of downloading.

Also, if your only connection is wifi using WPA, the i386 DVD (but not the
amd64 one) just happens to have the packages (network-manager-gnome plus
dependencies) to install WPA when you're running off the optical disc.
That's for 6.06. I don't know if it will be true of 6.10.

Alias~-

arachnid said:
A whole lot more applications, which makes it more practical to run off
the optical disc alone. If you don't have highspeed it also saves you a
lot of downloading.

But if you have high speed, the CD is just as good? I'm thinking of
installing it on a spare hard drive, not run it off the disc.
Also, if your only connection is wifi using WPA, the i386 DVD (but not the
amd64 one) just happens to have the packages (network-manager-gnome plus
dependencies) to install WPA when you're running off the optical disc.
That's for 6.06. I don't know if it will be true of 6.10.

I have wired cable, 4MB/300KB, no WIFI.

Alias

arachnid

But if you have high speed, the CD is just as good? I'm thinking of
installing it on a spare hard drive, not run it off the disc.

The CD is fine if you intend to install to a HD.

For what it's worth, version 6.10 is about to come out. They released
the final RC a few days ago. If all goes well, 6.10 will be officially
released on Oct 26. However they are also providing an upgrade path from
6.06 to 6.10 so you can always upgrade later.

Info and download link:

http://www.ubuntu.com/news/EdgyReleaseCandidate

I'm very curious as to what's been added but to be honest I'm perfectly
happy with 6.06. It does absolutely everything I need and it's been around
long enough to have stabilized.
I have wired cable, 4MB/300KB, no WIFI.

What! No wifi? What kind of geek are you? :blush:>

Ayush

Anyone know how to install it with that boot disk..
I know how to make a boot disk but what are the steps.

Can it be run with WIndows
It requires a separate partition or it can manage on same
Can i install it on a data partition
How can i install
Will it affect windows

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

: On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 02:10:47 +0200, Alias~- wrote:
:
: > arachnid wrote:
: >> On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 00:56:37 +0200, Alias~- wrote:
: >>
: >>> arachnid wrote:
: >>> just go to
: >>>> www.ubuntu.com and fill out the form for a free CD to be mailed to
you. Or
: >>>> if you're willing to spend with a $8 for the DVD (which I strongly
suggest
: >>>> over the CD),
: >>> Why?
: >>
: >> A whole lot more applications, which makes it more practical to run
off
: >> the optical disc alone. If you don't have highspeed it also saves you
: >> lot of downloading.
: >

arachnid said:
The CD is fine if you intend to install to a HD.

Good, that's what I have sitting here, not the DVD.
For what it's worth, version 6.10 is about to come out. They released
the final RC a few days ago. If all goes well, 6.10 will be officially
released on Oct 26. However they are also providing an upgrade path from
6.06 to 6.10 so you can always upgrade later.

Sounds good.
Info and download link:

http://www.ubuntu.com/news/EdgyReleaseCandidate

I'm very curious as to what's been added but to be honest I'm perfectly
happy with 6.06. It does absolutely everything I need and it's been around
long enough to have stabilized.

What! No wifi? What kind of geek are you? :blush:>

No laptops either ... just three desktops.

Alias

NoStop

Ayush said:
Anyone know how to install it with that boot disk..
I know how to make a boot disk but what are the steps.

Can it be run with WIndows
It requires a separate partition or it can manage on same
Can i install it on a data partition
How can i install
Will it affect windows
I don't know what you mean by "that boot disk". Are you referring to the
LiveCD version of Ubuntu 6.06? The one that you can boot in your CD drive
and run Ubuntu in memory and from the CD? If so, you'll see on the Ubuntu
desktop an Install icon. Double click it and it will start an actual
installation to your hard drive. At one point in the installation, it will
see your Windows partition and automatically shrink that partition leaving
room for it to build its two needed partitions: ext3 for / and a swap
partition.

If you have an empty partition someplace else, it will use that partition to
install into. Just make sure that you have Grub written to your MBR so that
you can then choose to boot into Ubuntu or Windows whenever you boot your
computer.

Installation is quick and painless and when it finishes you'll have a
GNU/Linux system with plenty of useful applications installed. Should you
want to install more free applications you simply click on System -->
Administration --> Synaptic Package Manager to pick from over 18,000
available packages.

It is important that when setting up the system you use a STRONG password.
This password will be required later when you need root privileges to do
things like install new software.

If you have questions, go to the Ubuntu website and then Support and you can
use their forums for further support.

Have fun!

Cheers.

--

Alias~- said:
Good, that's what I have sitting here, not the DVD.

With highspeed internet access you don't need anything more than the CD
version. Everything that comes on the DVD is available for easy
installation from the ubuntu mirrors, and more current of course.

Cheers.

--
Linux is ready for the desktop! More ready than Windoze XP.
http://tinyurl.com/ldm9d

"Computer users around the globe recognize that the most serious threats to
security exist because of inherent weaknesses in the Microsoft operating
system." McAfee

Leythos

I don't know what you mean by "that boot disk". Are you referring to the
LiveCD version of Ubuntu 6.06? The one that you can boot in your CD drive
and run Ubuntu in memory and from the CD? If so, you'll see on the Ubuntu
desktop an Install icon. Double click it and it will start an actual
installation to your hard drive. At one point in the installation, it will
see your Windows partition and automatically shrink that partition leaving
room for it to build its two needed partitions: ext3 for / and a swap
partition.

Ubuntu does not support WPA-PSK, so I could not use it with my network,
as my laptop is wireless (the one I set it up on) and we don't use the
older WEP methods.

NoStop

Leythos said:
Ubuntu does not support WPA-PSK, so I could not use it with my network,
as my laptop is wireless (the one I set it up on) and we don't use the
older WEP methods.
Show a little innovation there Leythos. Remove all encryption from your
wireless network and paper the exterior walls of your house with
tinfoil. :)

--

NoStop said:
Show a little innovation there Leythos. Remove all encryption from your
wireless network and paper the exterior walls of your house with
tinfoil. :)
If silver walls aren't your thing, then go here and learn now to get wpa
working with Ubuntu ...

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WPAHowTo

--
Linux is ready for the desktop! More ready than Windoze XP.
http://tinyurl.com/ldm9d

"Computer users around the globe recognize that the most serious threats to
security exist because of inherent weaknesses in the Microsoft operating
system." McAfee

arachnid

Ubuntu does not support WPA-PSK, so I could not use it with my network, as
my laptop is wireless (the one I set it up on) and we don't use the older
WEP methods.

If you're using a hard-drive-based installation then you need to install
network-manager-gnome for Ubuntu or network-manager-kde for Kubuntu.
After installation a new Network icon should appear in your tray. It will
be the one with the tiny red triangle at the bottom. Make sure your
desktop is clear because the configuration dialog sometimes pops up behind
other windows. Left-click on the tray icon and select your access point.
The configuration dialog should them pop up in the middle of the screen.

If you're talking about using WPA off the cdrom, see my 10/14/2006 post in
alt.os.linux.ubuntu, entitled "Here's how to get WPA on Ubuntu LiveCD".
That post was intended for people already familiar with Ubuntu so just
ask in that group if you need any clarifications. If you'd rather look the
message up on google groups, the message ID is:

If you have any problems with WPA, you may find a helpful post here:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/search.php?searchid=9074646&pp=25

If you haven't found them already, here are some other handy links dealing
with Ubuntu in general:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/

http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/DapperCust