ASUS Mirophone Stops Working

Reaction score
I am using a ASUS motherboard with an onboard soundcard; SoundMAX. Recently, (after the mic working fine for ages) my mic has randomly stopped working. All my headsets have stopped on this pc and they work on other computors. I did a system restore, reinstalled sound drivers and it didn't work. Then, all of a sudden it started working again!. However, now, its dead again... ? I reinstalled the soundMAX driver however it still doesnt work. Would buying a new soundcard fix the problem, or would it have to be a motherboard? Or could it even be the jack?

Thanks, Lazerflip.

Reaction score
Sounds like the onboard sound chip has died, I have never heard of this problem before but its the only thing that I can think of. Have you installed the latest drivers? Have you checked the BIOS to see if the onboard sound is enabled still? Are all the sound devices installed correctly in device manager?

Thanks,

Wiz

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Have you tried reseating the sound card ?

user.gif

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Have you checked the BIOS to see if the onboard sound is enabled still? Are all the sound devices installed correctly in device manager?Wiz

How Can I check this? Also, how to I reseat the soundcard? you mean clean all the dust out from it inside my tower?

Last edited:
Reaction score
When the computer starts up at post you can useully press one of the flollowing keys f2 f1 and del. Then look into all the menus until you see onboard sound and make sure it is enabled. You cant reseat this card as its on board. But I would try and make sure that there is no dust on the sound chip. look for a realtek logo chip that wil most propily be the sound card chip.

Regards,

Wiz

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
lazerflip said:
How Can I check this? Also, how to I reseat the soundcard? you mean clean all the dust out from it inside my tower?

Ah ha it seems you do not have a sound card but you do have on-board sound . It was yout miss use of terminology that confused me .
It is always a good idea to try and keep youir pc dust free , so an occasional hoover inside is quite a good idea .
If your sound chip has gone on your motherboard then you could get a add on sound card , they range in price from £10 to over £100 .Here is an example .
http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/774...lay=0&startrow=1&orderBy=&sortBy=&articleId=0

happywave.gif

Reaction score
About A year ago, my Mic started picking up sounds my pc made instead of my voice (msn beep etc) and I somehow fixed it. Now, It has cut out all together.

I have:

system Restored
cleaned inside of pc
Re installed Driver
Unistalled Driver
Installed Driver
fiddled withsettings for about 5 hours

Yesterday, I thought, " This mic has a on/off button "

:p Thanks for help anyways

Ask a Question