Asrock AM2NF6G

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am having some problems with my USB ports on the Asrock AM2NF6G Mother Board when I plug my WD passport drive in the front USB ports it dosent work but when I plug it in the back it seems to be ok. But I have also noticed that one of the USB ports on the Mother Board itself doesnt seem to work as well.

Can you please advise me on the above.

Thanks,

wizkid

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I know this may sound obvious but have you plugged the front USB ports into the correct motherboard USB slot?

And if they're individual wires rather than a multiplug, are they connected to the correct places?

And do you have onboard USB enabled in the Bios?

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes erverything is connected ok.

I have also noticed that one of the USB ports on the back of the mother board its self is not working I have tried a number of things in it and it wont pick them up. I have also reinstalled Chipset drivers + updated BIOS still the same.

Reaction score
Hi,

Got a replcaement board today just installed and got a little porblem with it each time I pull the power cable out of computer and put it back in again CMOS loses its settings could this mean that either the CMOS battery needs replacing or BIOS update to fix this?

Can you please let me know.

Thanks,

wizkid

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, the battery could be dead - no harm in checking it with a multimeter if you know how to do it :)

Does the BIOS lose all settings, as it seems odd that a new motherboard would ship with a dead battery.

Reaction score
Yes it loses all settings in BIOS I dont think its a new board it looks like a refurbished one, becuase some of the USB pins on mother board where bent so I put them back into the right place.

wizkid

Reaction score
ok I have replaced the battery and now when I pull the power plug out it seems to save time and date but it asks me to insert poper boot dervice I press the rest button and then it boots up.

Could this be a problem with the mother board?

Thanks.

wizkid

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If the board came with bent pins and you are having probs why are you not sending it back and demanding that they act like a decxent firm and send you a brand new board and something extra for the trouble they have caused ?
You could always take the board to your local Trading Standards and if it is a second hand board they will help you sue the scummy gits .

:D

Reaction score
I think that I will send it back because they have all ready missed me around sent it to two wrong address and made me wait 3 weeks for a used replacement.

wizkid

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
wizkid said:
ok I have replaced the battery and now when I pull the power plug out it seems to save time and date but it asks me to insert poper boot dervice I press the rest button and then it boots up.

Could this be a problem with the mother board?

Thanks.

wizkid

When you replace the battery the CMOS (Bios) will set to default.

Sounds to me as if you need to set your Bios settings, paying attention to which drive you set to priority boot.

It does look as if the battery was the problem.

Please would you advise me if you understand this.

Thank you.

flopstomp

Reaction score
flopstomp

I have 1st boot hard drive 2nd cd room and 3rd floppy.

I am going to rest BIOS to defaults again to see if that works and then I will let you know.

wizkid

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
If the board came with bent pins and you are having probs why are you not sending it back and demanding that they act like a decxent firm and send you a brand new board and something extra for the trouble they have caused ?
You could always take the board to your local Trading Standards and if it is a second hand board they will help you sue the scummy gits .

:D

The bent pins there where two for the front USB ports I bent the back to that they where ok again and it seems to be working ok.

Reaction score
flopstomp

This is the error that I am getting when I pull the power cable out and try to reboot up again.

Reboot and Select proper Boot device

Could this be a mother board problem the hard drive was fine before I had the replacement mother board.

Thanks.

wizkid

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
wizkid: That error message usually appears when you have a disk other than the one containing the OS as prority boot. If you have the choice of more than one hard disk in the Bios setup, choose Disk 0.

That is assuming you only have the one hard disk and if it's SATA that it's connected to SATA 1.

Reaction score
Hi done that still the same.

I have now updated BIOS from p1.70 to p.2.30 and now none of the USB ports on the back of the mother board are working this is all enabeled in BIOS and connected as well but still wont work.

Thanks,

wizkid

Ask a Question