Ram

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently built a new pc with the following mother board Asrock AM2NF6G-VSTA with some Kingston memory 1gb pc2 5300 667mhz. When I go in to the bios it is only showing 533mhz, is this a problem should it be 667mhz?

Can someone please let me know if this is the worng memeory?

Many Thanks

wizkid

Reaction score
Supports Dual Channel DDRII800/667/533 with 4 DIMM slots, maximum capacity up to 8GB

Are you sure its 667? as it will support it. Asrock prefers Crucial RAM but it should still pick up on the BIOS what is acctualy in there.

Reaction score
Hi,

I ran Everest Home and that said the Memory speed is 533MHz I have checked all the packing and it says 667MHz is this a BIOS problem? or with the motherboard.

Thanks

wizkid

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi,

I ran Everest Home and that said the Memory speed is 533MHz I have checked all the packing and it says 667MHz is this a BIOS problem? or with the motherboard.

Thanks

wizkid

If! BUT be carefull Once you are in the BIOS, assuming that you have a BIOS that supports overclocking*, you should have access to all of the settings needed to overclock your system. The settings that you will most likely be adjusting are:

Multiplier, FSB, RAM Timings, RAM Speed, and RAM Ratio.

on the other hand ring Ebuyer and ask for tec support and quiery it? if its 667MHz it should be showing as that... so the packaging may well be wrong?

Reaction score
Sent the memory back to ebuyer yestrday. Asrock sent me an email saying that the Bios settings for the memory needs chaning. to 667MHz so I will see what happens.

Thanks for all the help.

wizkid

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Sent the memory back to ebuyer yestrday. Asrock sent me an email saying that the Bios settings for the memory needs chaning. to 667MHz so I will see what happens.

Thanks for all the help.

wizkid

If the RAM is 667MHz you should not have to change the setting the system will pick up what is installed, let me know what happens:)

Reaction score
Hi,

Got the new memory today put it in and still the same in the Bios only showing up 533 Mhz. Change it to 667 MHz in the Bios as Asrock advised me to do. Do you think there is a problem with the mother board not detecting the right speeds

Many Thanks

wizkid

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You could try this quick and easy tool .

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

nod.gif

Reaction score
Also when playing games the computer seems to run them to fast the mouse is all over the place and the game jerky and not running as it shoud do is this a [size=-1]graphics card problem I have all the latest driver for the card it is a ASUS X1550 256Mb. I would be greatfull if someone can try to help me to sort this out.

Many Thanks

wizkid
[/size]

Ask a Question