Arc mouse quit working


M

marmee

I was given the Arc mouse (laser mouse) for Christmas. It worked fine until
about a few weeks ago and it just stopped working. I have changed the
batteries, tried it on my pc, laptop and it does not work. When I first put
the batteries in the mouse, the light turns green and then goes out and then
nothing. HELP if you can.

Thanks
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Donald Anadell

This is a bit off topic for this newsgroup, but since you're here:

Are you sure you have the mouse "fully extended"?

If it's got new batteries and it's fully extended and not working then I
hope you can get a refund from the seller, it's a bit expensive to be
classified under "planned obsolesence"(like a throw away bik lighter).

Good luck,

Donald Anadell
 
B

Bill Sanderson

Call Microsoft. Go to www.microsoft.com/hardware and see if you can find a
number. Microsoft is excellent on warrantee issues, and this sounds like
one at this distance.


Donald Anadell said:
This is a bit off topic for this newsgroup, but since you're here:

Are you sure you have the mouse "fully extended"?

If it's got new batteries and it's fully extended and not working then I
hope you can get a refund from the seller, it's a bit expensive to be
classified under "planned obsolesence"(like a throw away bik lighter).

Good luck,

Donald Anadell


--
 
D

Donald Anadell

Bill Sanderson said:
Call Microsoft. Go to www.microsoft.com/hardware and see if you can find
a number. Microsoft is excellent on warrantee issues, and this sounds
like one at this distance.

I assume you are addressing the OP here Bill, as I don't use an Arc mouse:blush:)

Donald Anadell
 
B

Bill Sanderson

I was, and was too lazy to respond to the correct message. I've never used
one of these either, but I like the way they look and the compactness when
folded--I've been tempted to get one for portable users, but the price
premium is just a little too much.


Donald Anadell said:
Bill Sanderson said:
Call Microsoft. Go to www.microsoft.com/hardware and see if you can
find a number. Microsoft is excellent on warrantee issues, and this
sounds like one at this distance.

I assume you are addressing the OP here Bill, as I don't use an Arc
mouse:blush:)

Donald Anadell



--
 
S

Stu

Bill wrote: Call Microsoft. Go to www.microsoft.com/hardware and see if you
can find a
number. Microsoft is excellent on warrantee issues........

I would hope so as it comes with at three year warranty I believe. Not that
I use it myself ... can`t afford it. Times are hard over here. Don made a
good point with the folding suggestion though. I was wondering if a reset
button is avilable and necessary to re enable communication between mouse and
the Tx/Rx unit following a battery change. Mine has one on the underside or
perhaps the folding action achieves this.

Stu
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Jan 24, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I've owned two Microsoft Arcs, both quit working as if the batteries have a loose connection, green light comes on for a few seconds with fresh battery install, then fades out. The first one a few days after I bought it, the second worked for about four months. Judging from the number of other posts I've read about problems with this device, the product is defective, so exchanging won't help, they all stop working eventually in less than a year, usually much less. Another piece of expensive junk from Microsoft.
 
Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I had a similar problem with my Arc mouse and I think that it is because the laser burned out. I think this because it doesn't work at all except for when I move it on the glass of my window over the shear curtain during the day. The mouse seems to respond to the light from the window modulated by the grid of the weave of the shear. Also, if the mouse lens points towards a window even when not directly touching it the cursor will move but very erratically. I've just contacted Microsoft Support and will see what they say.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
cattaca said:
I had a similar problem with my Arc mouse and I think that it is because the laser burned out. I think this because it doesn't work at all except for when I move it on the glass of my window over the shear curtain during the day. The mouse seems to respond to the light from the window modulated by the grid of the weave of the shear. Also, if the mouse lens points towards a window even when not directly touching it the cursor will move but very erratically. I've just contacted Microsoft Support and will see what they say.
same thing. only works on a certain surface. what did microsoft say?
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top