Appointment Item

Jacob Kronne

I've delopped a custom form based on standard Appointment.
I've defined my custom form as default form for Calendar folder..

I have a 2 problems:
1. I use Actions->Plane a Meeting->Make Meeting
Standard Appointment has been opened.
Can I open my custom form this way?

2. I've defined recurrent appointment with my custom form.
I'd try copy one of occurences by pushing on "Ctrl" and drugging.
The new Standard Appointment has been created.
Can I copy custom recurrent Item to custom Item.

Thank you.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

1) You can add this code to the Item_Open event handler to create a meeting:

Function Item_Open()
If Item.Size = 0 Then
Item.MeetingStatus = 1 ' olMeeting
End If
End Function

2) That definitely looks like a problem in Outlook 2003. Is that what
version you're using?

Jacob Kronne

1) I don't need to create a meeting.
I have to create a my custom form appointment ( Not Standard Appointment/meeting)

2) I'm using the outlook 2000/2002/2003. The results are same.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Your response is confusing. First, you say you want to emulate the Make a
Meeting command, only with your custom form. Then you say you don't want to
create a meeting. What am I missing?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
1) You can add this code to the Item_Open event handler to create a meeting:

Function Item_Open()
If Item.Size = 0 Then
Item.MeetingStatus = 1 ' olMeeting
End If
End Function

2) That definitely looks like a problem in Outlook 2003. Is that what
version you're using?

Jacob Kronne

I have defined MY CUSTOM FORM as default for Calendar folder
1.If I click twice(double click) on Calendar the MY CUSTOM
FORM(MessageClass=Ipm.Appointment.MyCustomForm) has been opened.
2.If I click on NEW button the MY CUSTOM
FORM(MessageClass=Ipm.Appointment.MyCustomForm) has been opened.
3.If I make right click on the Calendar and choose "New Appointment"
the MY CUSTOM FORM(MessageClass=Ipm.Appointment.MyCustomForm) has been
opened.
4. BUT If I do next operations: "Actions"->"Plane a Meeting"->"Make
Meeting" the STANDARD MEETING FORM(MessageClass=Ipm.Appointment)has
been opened.

Is it possible to open MY CUSTOM
FORM(MessageClass=Ipm.Appointment.MyCustomForm) in the case # 4 like
it was opened in the cases 1-3?

Thank you.