Application Failed to Initialize (0xc0000006)

G

I've recovered from a serious crash (it took me two months) and I am finally able to get into Windows (XP Home) on my laptop. But now all programs (including installer, explorer, and even netscape and any other options like users and sys restore) give me this error msg application failed to initialize (0xc0000006) click ok to terminate. What can I do to fix this. I just can't seem to fix it. I've tried msconfig and disabling service etc (clean boot), nothing seems to work. Tried all in safe mode as well. Still can't get rid of this error. I try xp cd in cd drive and I get autorun error (same 0xc0000006 crap). Any suggestions are gratetfully appreciated

W

Will Denny

Hi

See if any of the following helps:

http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-us&qu=0xc0000006

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| I've recovered from a serious crash (it took me two months) and I am finally able to get into Windows (XP Home) on my laptop. But now all programs (including installer, explorer, and even netscape and any other options like users and sys restore) give me this error msg application failed to initialize (0xc0000006) click ok to terminate. What can I do to fix this. I just can't seem to fix it. I've tried msconfig and disabling service etc (clean boot), nothing seems to work. Tried all in safe mode as well. Still can't get rid of this error. I try xp cd in cd drive and I get autorun error (same 0xc0000006 crap). Any suggestions are gratetfully appreciated.
|
|

G

Yeah I've been going through all of that all night long. Everytime I try to run a virus cleaning software the computer crashes so I don't know if my computer has a virus in the mbr or if it is just bad hardware (ie mb, hd, or ram). What do you think?

Ask a Question