    5.1 and iexplorer 6. AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180
    ModName. ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00018fea

    Please, how can I resolve this problem. Thanks, Joe

    Guest, Jan 13, 2005

    PA Bear Guest

    And what were you doing when you get the error?
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

    PA Bear, Jan 13, 2005

    Well, PA..i'd like to tell you....but it's on my daughters comp and she
    constantly leaves her AIM away message on. Could this be the problem?
    Although she swears that she gets this pop-up error even when the AIM is not
    running, so i dont really know what is going on at the time the error occurs.
    What should i look for when it happens again? thanks, Joe

    Guest, Jan 14, 2005
  4. "noresemblance" <> wrote in
    message news:
    > iexplore.exe.Application Error.The Instruction at "0x7c918fea"
    > referenced memory at "0x00000010".The memory could not be "written".
    > Click on OK to terminate the program.
    > Click on Cancel to debug program.
    >
    > This dialog box appears and explorer then drops out.Running xp pro
    > version
    > 5.1 and iexplorer 6. AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180
    > ModName. ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00018fea
    >
    > Please, how can I resolve this problem. Thanks, Joe

    ntdll.dll: lately caused by CoolWebSearch
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm#Coolwebsearch
    Also see http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/Winshow.html

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE, Jan 14, 2005

    PA Bear Guest

    Dealing with Trojans & Hijackware

    A. Removing Trojans and Trojanware with Sysclean

    Create a new folder named Sysclean (e.g., C:\Program files\Sysclean or just
    a desktop folder). Download 'Sysclean.com' from
    http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp to this folder. Download the
    latest 'Trend Pattern File' zip (e.g., lpt123.zip) from
    http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp and extract its contents to
    the same folder; see the Readme text file for instructions.

    Delete Temporary Internet Files (IE Tools>Internet Options>General)
    accepting the option to delete all offline content. Reboot and delete
    contents of TEMP folders and Recycle Bin.

    Close all running programs including your anti-virus application, go
    offline, and run Sysclean. For best results, do nothing with the machine
    until the scan completes.

    If the scan shows any infections in System Restore files:

    (1) create a new Restore Point (Start>Programs>Accessories>System
    Tools>System Restore), then

    (2) delete all but the most recent Restore Point
    (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup>More options [tab]).

    Afterwards, update your own anti-virus application and perform another full
    system scan.

    B. Hijackware

    Help with Hijackware (all are MS MVP sites)
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

    Run the following tools in this order with nothing else running in
    background:

    1. CWShredder v2.0 (no updates available currently; choose Fix, not Scan)

    2. Ad-Aware SE (Reconfigure per http://aumha.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5877;
    Fix all found)

    3. Spybot (RTFM; Immunize first and then scan; Generally, fix everything in
    red)

    Important: You must seek updates for Ad-Aware, Spybot, etc., before each and
    every use, even "right out of the box". But even they can't catch
    everything, 24/7.

    When all else fails, HijackThis
    (http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to
    use. It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware.
    **Post your files to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
    http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or
    http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**

    [Alternate download pages for many of the above tools may be found at
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.]

    So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
    http://boards.cexx.org/viewtopic.php?t=957

    --