Apple to make a big announcement on 7th September!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Apple hints at big music announcement on the 7th of September, invitaions for which have already been sent out. What could it be? New video iPod? New audio player? There is a lot of speculation but nobody is sure what the current MP3 player leader has in store.

Apple Computer is preparing a major announcement next week, dropping hints of something as critical to the company's future as the release of the original iPod in 2001.

The company sent an invitation to reporters on Monday morning for a "special event" being held Sept. 7 in San Francisco.

"1,000 songs in your pocket changed everything," the invitation reads, referring to the release of the first 5GB iPod nearly four years ago. "Here we go again."

Source ZDNet

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN

One of Apple's main rivals, Creative Technology, has been awarded a patent in the US for the interface used on many digital music players. Creative said the patent applied to its players, as well as some competing products such as the Apple's iPod and iPod mini.

The patent covers how files on a music player are organised.

Creative was one of the first companies to produce MP3 players but has lost out to Apple which dominates the market.

The Creative announcement is the latest salvo in its self-declared war against Apple.

In November, Creative boss Sim Wong Hoo said he aimed to out market his competitors, saying the MP3 war had started.

Apple's iPod is estimated to account for 80% of sales of digital music players which use hard drives to store music..................

"We consider it a dead certainty that Creative will go after Apple for royalties or some other type of compensation for what Creative will assert is infringement of its patents, currently and in the past," analyst Phil Leigh of Inside Digital told the Reuters news agency.

Source BBC News

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 243

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
It sure looks like it! Now I wonder who really needs an iPod Phone? If I am listening to music I do not want to be interupted by the phone ringing :D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The demand is obviously out there, we already have the Sony Ericsson W800i which seems to be selling very well.

Reaction score
the phone looks ugly and rubbish !
but what about that god dam sexy zano !!

Reaction score
Uhhhh.... almost all phones made by Motorolla already can hold songs and play them, my v60 had like 10 mp3 on it and now my a630 has a bunch, and they play perfect on speaker and head set....even blutooth headset. So in my mind its just a fad product. Besides, no camera even.

Ask a Question