Apple Boot Camp

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
ME's crap.

My belief.

My statement.

I stand by that.

Many, many, forum users cannot be wrong.

I do actually like Win XP.

Suse 10 is da shiznit :)

Nuff said.

Reaction score
SuperMacs

ME was crap, and still is....on my XP MS computers, I get at least 1 virus attack a month(I was told when I bought this PC, that windoze XP had been designed to conquer all virus's) (CRAP!)........with my Macs, I get '0' virus.
AMD are in serious trouble (they have reached the point of '0' progress), and intel are upping their supplies to Apple, but easing back on windoze producers.
The producers of games/software are now merchandising more & more for Mac OS... critics will soon be eating their words.
Apple sold 1,100,000 PC's in the first quarter of this year, and this is increasing all the time.... now a clever brain, however dumbstruck by windozies, will work out all by itself that Mac's are very GOOD, and might eventually overtake the popularity held by 'other' manufacturers, or at least become respectable equals. Even microsoft have said that the Mac Mini is the best value for money in a computer. It won on size/performance/cost. This information was, again, from MICROSOFT.

http://davidweiss.blogspot.com/2006/04/tour-of-microsofts-mac-lab.html

Happy St. Georges Day April 23rd.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Company went all Mac

Upper management decided to go all Mac. Apparently they were fed up with worms, viruses and overall instability of Windows whether affected by the aforementioned or not. The only piece of software that was not going to run natively on the Mac was the Accounting software, for which they are using Parallels. Some machines have gotten the Boot Camp treatment in case there is a need to boot directly into Windows.

I wasn't very open to the change, but now that I have been using these machines for a while, I can't imagine going back to Windows. They got me a 17" iMac. Whenever I do use Windows now, whether at home, at a friends or another business, it feels outdated and honestly, inefficient. There really is less time spent fixing issues with the Mac. To be fair, most issues are user errors.

As far as I can see, management is happy with the change. The company I work for manufactures different types of foods and packages them using Protective Atmosphere Technology.

Never thought I would want to be a Mac user, but here I am saiving up for my own machine, one that apparenly I will be able to triple boot if I want it to (Mac, Win, Linux).

For those if you haven't tried a Mac, I would definitely recommend it. One gets so lost in what we are used to using that we don't get a chance to see what's out there that may be better.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This a quote from that story. This fella is saying what I was about to post, so I'll use his words (my highlight):

But Brian Gammage, an analyst at Gartner research does not believe the advice is well founded.

The number of people using Macs is far less than those using Window's based PCs, he said.

"If you have smaller walls, you attract less graffiti," he said. "There is nothing architecturally safer about Macs. If everyone moved to them then the situation would change overnight"

Earlier this year, a security flaw in the way that Macs downloaded files was identified; while three concept viruses and a worm written specifically for Apple computers were also discovered.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
old men and gadgets said:
on my XP MS computers, I get at least 1 virus attack a month

btw, I never did reply to this. I have three machines here permanently connected to the Internet. Two are running XP. The third machine alternates between Suse 10.1, Windows 98 (for old games) and various Linux Distros to mess about with, depending on which hard disk I decide to swap in/out.

I can't remember the last time I suffered a virus, trojan or worm, but it must be at least three or four years ago.

Win XP/SP2; Antivir; AdAwareSE; hardware Firewall; common sense. That's all the protection I have.

And one last thing, my old man always used to tell me to use a Mac to stay protected :D

Ask a Question