Another visit to the hoppy.

Reaction score
I spent 8 hours down the hospital today. I've gone and broke 2 bones in me footsie :eek: so its six weeks of crutches give or take a few days.
Thing is, i can't remember banging or hurting it:confused:.....i joined a gym two weeks ago and got onto the treadmill for two four minute sessions. That's the only kind of impact my foot got i can think of and to be honest i can't really see that being heavy enough to break bones....oh well.Plenty of time for the forum....yaaay.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about your footsie, hope it doesn't feel too painful, although must be quite awkward having to get about on crutches :(

..... You could consider borrowing a parrot to perch on your shoulder, and then going for that whole pirate theme..:rolleyes:... or maybe not. On reflection, the parrot might be incontinent and all that screetching "pieces of eight, pieces of eight," would probably give you earache! :p

(I am trying to cheer you up here, can you guess? :lol: )
Seriously though, hope it will soon be on the mend :thumb: :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hoppy? I had visions of a farm making and selling lots of beer, hospital sounds grim though :(

Sorry to hear about your plates, this reminds me of why I have never attended a gym in my life :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hope you make rapid progress, Z. Awful being out of action.

Maybe you had stress fractures. Been under any stress recently? :p

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Crutches a real pain. Make it hard to get to the pub and they get in the way when you sling em over your shoulder on the way home.
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about your footsie, hope it doesn't feel too painful, although must be quite awkward having to get about on crutches :(

..... You could consider borrowing a parrot to perch on your shoulder, and then going for that whole pirate theme..:rolleyes:... or maybe not. On reflection, the parrot might be incontinent and all that screetching "pieces of eight, pieces of eight," would probably give you earache! :p

(I am trying to cheer you up here, can you guess? :lol: )
Seriously though, hope it will soon be on the mend :thumb: :D

Thanks TC....lmao.....
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Crutches a real pain. Make it hard to get to the pub and they get in the way when you sling em over your shoulder on the way home.
laughingsmiley.gif

Yeah man....its not the first time i've had crutches, i know what ya mean about throwin them over your shoulder on the way home....beer is a great painkiller
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Hoppy? I had visions of a farm making and selling lots of beer, hospital sounds grim though :(

Sorry to hear about your plates, this reminds me of why I have never attended a gym in my life :D

Me plates have been dodgy all me life man.....i have broken both ankles, both big toes and on me left foot the two smallest toes. Shall i go on? why not?.
So far i have broken my left wrist, 4 ribs a femur and a collarbone....2 fibia's and i've lost count of how many broken fingers and boxers knuckles i've had.

We should start a little thread on broken bones we have had.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I go along with floppy,I always thought gyms were deadly places, exercise in general can be a killer.You`ve got the right idea,put your tootsies up and just relax.

historian :wave:

Ask a Question