Another graphics problem

Reaction score
Hi Folk. Im new so go easy on me.
I have just bought a new grahics card. I took out a Geforce3 Ti200 and replaced it with an FX5200 agp. Now the problem is that the new card runs worse than the old one. I am playing Halo and on the geforce it ran ok, pretty smooth, but when i put the new card in it stutters real bad. Now i hear you say, why upgrade when the old one perfoms well enough, well, i was looking to help my system play the latest games DX9 compatible and all that, future proofing. How can it be that this is happening. When i went back to the shop and complained he said that i needed to crank up all the settings on my new card to get the most out of it. To be honest it seems to me that the bloke was talking pony (pony and trap, crap).
I have 768 of ddr memory. Agp is x4. Any help would be great. Thanks very much.

Reaction score
strange this seems to be a common occurence. Have you tried uninstalling the old drivers first? and then installing the latest nvidia drivers?

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I tried the drivers, been in and out more than the bleedin hokey cokey. Thanks anyway. Any more help would be appreciated though.

Reaction score
oh, and barring that I would probably grap powerstrip or something to make sure the clock and memory settings for your card are correct (just to be sure)

Ask a Question