An error in object picker

sima

I have a comuter that it is running win2k in a lan.
when i log on as a domain user and set the security to a
folder ,i receive this message " object picker cannot open
because no locations from wich to choose objects coud be
found"
and i cannot set any security.

help me!!

To work around this problem, change the order in which
network connections are used:
Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and
then double-click Network and Dial-up Connections.
On the Advanced menu, click Advanced Settings.
On the Adapters and Bindings tab, click your internal
local area connection in the Connections box.
Click the Up arrow at the right-side of the box until it
is the first connection in the list, and then click OK.

David Pharr [MSFT]

1. Check other machines to see if they receive the same error.
2. If other machines receive the same error, the problem is likely with the
Domain Controller (check DNS).
If no other machines receive the error, check to ensure that the remote
registry service is started.
3. If the remote registry service is started, ensure that the client is
pointing to the right address for DNS.
4. Run SFC /Scannow to see if there are any missing or corrupted dll files
(riched20.dll and riched32.dll in winnt\system32 folder have been known to
cause this issue)
5. Verify your machine is not infected with a virus (Nimda also caused this
problem)

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)