amd or intel dual core for gaming?

Reaction score
what should i get, amd dual core, or intel dual core

used for gaming, multiple intesnse prgrams running at once

i need pure speed, i hate to wait, what processor/motherboard should i get, iim thinking aobut sli but i am a noob and i dont know what all to get. grahpics card? thats all i really need help on

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that someone said Dual core won't help your gaming any more than a single core, so I would go with the best AMD chip you can get, I personnally like the Athalon processors.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if your running multiple programs that are pretty CPU intensive, then the dual core is the best, IMO get the AMD, it runs slightly cooler

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If all you're interested in is gaming, go for an AMD Single core.

Dual core CPU's will only be of benefit when you're running several intense programs at once.

For instance, Photoshop; Pinnacle Studio and Cubase all at the same time.

Reaction score
i want pure speed, opening closing programs multitaking such as studio 9 with gameing in background whats a awsome processor? im guessing AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 / 1MB / 2000MHz FSB / Socket 939 / Processor ( $699.99) OR THE
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ / 2MB Cache / 2000MHz FSB / Socket 939 / Dual-Core / Processor with Fan ($569.99)

omg im so confused about amd, this is my first time buying one. i dont know which one is best for my needs

also here is an important question
will there be compatibility issues for software if i use amd processor insted of a intel?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
someblackguy7130 said:
also here is an important question
will there be compatibility issues for software if i use amd processor insted of a intel?

No.

Sorry, didn't fully read your first post. In view of what you've said, consider dual core CPU.

One thing. You'll need a really good cooler, those things generate a lot of heat.

Reaction score
if you want to multi task DEFINATELY get a DUAL CORE CPU :)

there good for games and they can still run other applications in the back ground without affecting your fps ...

if you was to get one core in the fx series it would be better for games although if you have a couple of applications running in the background it will half your fps

Ask a Question