Amazon Returns

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
As I have done for the last few years, I use Amazon to order some xmas presents way before the big day arrives. One of the things I ordered was a book from the "for dummies" series (those big yellow books), but when it arrived the cover and pages were in a terrible state - it was pretty badly damaged.

I wasn't pleased at all as the packaging didn't look too bad, so it could well have been shipped in that state.

Anyway, 5 mins later I filled out the replacement form on Amazon. The replacement book order was placed right away and all I have to do is get the book back to them within 30 days. I printed off a pre-paid label from their website then took the book to the post office and got a "returns order" receipt.

Easy peasy :) That has to be one of the easiest refund/replacement order systems for an online company!

Big thumbs up from me :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
We always get consistently good service from them too; we took up their "Prime" next-day delivery scheme about a year ago, which has more than paid for itself. Can't always get what we want locally, but I have frequently ordered something at 5 or 6 pm, only to receive it by 9 am the following morning.

It's good to know that they are so efficient when you need to send anything back, hope your book replacement will soon be whizzing its way to you Ian :thumb: :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yes, I've had one return with Amazon, can't remember what for now, and it was completely hassle free. I like Amazon.

While we're mentioning good stuff I'll give a thumbsup for Western Digital's RMA service :thumb:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Eight years ago I had placed my first order for 4 DVD's to Amazon. I was of course not in the US but back home and it was an international order. Unfortunately the package was lost and I never received it. I had written a note to Amazon who promptly shipped the 4 DVD's to me without any cost to me (free of charge including shipping).

I did receive the second parcel intact. Amazon went on to say that if by any chance I should received the first package I should donate it to a nearby Library as it would be very expensive on my part to ship them back to Amazon.

That was in 2001 or thereabouts and since that time I have never had to lodge a claim to them for lost parcels.

Two years back it was a false alarm when my package was delivered to our next door neighbor because FedEx guy was not attended to when he rang the bell. It was resolved within an hour when the neighbour himself came with the package. Certainly no fault of Amazon.

As long as the item are available at Amazon I buy from them, Amazon is always my first choice. :thumb:

Reaction score
I've always got fantastic customer service from them too. Once, a PC game came down in price from around £25 to £15 and this was a week after I ordered it. I emailed them and told them that I had spent over £1500 there and that it would be very easy for me to take my custom elsewhere...needless to say i got the £10 refund in my bank account and an email within 24 hours.

CSB

Reaction score
Big thumbs up for Amazon too, OCUK need to take notes. I have to return 6GB of Corsair GT Dominator Tri Memory with the dual fan which goes on top.

The packaging looked obviously opened before, so I got straight on the site and is a simple print of page to stick on the returns package and they have already sent out a replacement set no hassel.

Only condition is that I return the first set back within 30 days or they'll charge me for both sets, can't argue with that.

Reaction score
As I have done for the last few years, I use Amazon to order some xmas presents way before the big day arrives. One of the things I ordered was a book from the "for dummies" series (those big yellow books), but when it arrived the cover and pages were in a terrible state - it was pretty badly damaged.

I wasn't pleased at all as the packaging didn't look too bad, so it could well have been shipped in that state.

Anyway, 5 mins later I filled out the replacement form on Amazon. The replacement book order was placed right away and all I have to do is get the book back to them within 30 days. I printed off a pre-paid label from their website then took the book to the post office and got a "returns order" receipt.

Easy peasy :) That has to be one of the easiest refund/replacement order systems for an online company!

Big thumbs up from me :thumb:

Amazon are a really good company and they are going to keep growing as you can buy pretty much every product you can dream of at amazing prices and like you stated if you encounter problems they offer a simple review system. I can imagine they have stole a fair amount of ebay sellers due to all the feedback and return and refund problems ebay sellers and buyers have faced over the years since they changed the feedback system.

Ask a Question