all hardware gone!!!!! :'(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
gabriella said:
So Mucks

Will your instructions fix the guy's problems??? Looks like a long job!! What is the problem do ya reckon??
Nope! He needs to attach the Etch-a-Sketch first. ;)

PS Do ya like my temporary avatar?? Thought with it being Christmas and all that it would make a change!!
Yep ... very nice :thumb: wonder if we will see any others getting "into the spirit" of Xmas. :D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
The thing is Mucks I watch quite a lot of the 'problem' threads cos you know all about my computer course and I do try to learn a few bits and bobs - so if your're not very careful you could have me writing to say something like: 'I was following Mucks' helpful advice on x and my PC/lappy has died' OR worse than that: 'I was helping a mate/mother/sister/dog/whatever as per Mucks' advice and their computer has died big style'.

Oh and by the way, Brenda's out of the X Factor - she was a bird with great soul - real shame.

Gabs xx

muckshifter

Reaction score
gabriella said:
The thing is Mucks I watch quite a lot of the 'problem' threads cos you know all about my computer course and I do try to learn a few bits and bobs - so if your're not very careful you could have me writing to say something like: 'I was following Mucks' helpful advice on x and my PC/lappy has died' OR worse than that: 'I was helping a mate/mother/sister/dog/whatever as per Mucks' advice and their computer has died big style'.

Oh and by the way, Brenda's out of the X Factor - she was a bird with great soul - real shame.

Gabs xx
It won't work ... it is written for a MAC ... if you can successfully copy and past that 'code' all that would happen is an error message would be displayed.

Sorry ... I must learn to be more careful with my 'jokes' ... :(

Who is Brenda ? ... what is the X Factor ... and "she" was a Bird ??? :confused:

*just kidding*

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Bird=word used frequently in Norhtern England meaning woman!!

X Factor - fabbydodar show on ITV currently - final next week. It could be: Shane, Journey South or Andy - the viewers decide the winner!!

Oh - I got the error message when I cut and pasted your instructions - hope I haven't got anything too terminal in the pc and the lappy!

Gabs xx

muckshifter

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Bird=word used frequently in Norhtern England meaning woman!!

X Factor - fabbydodar show on ITV currently - final next week. It could be: Shane, Journey South or Andy - the viewers decide the winner!!

Oh - I got the error message when I cut and pasted your instructions - hope I haven't got anything too terminal in the pc and the lappy!

Gabs xx
Gabs ... I haven't had a TV in ages. ;)

The error message is intentional ... I missed bits of the code so it will not run ... and you'll need an Etch-a-Sketch anyway. :p

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Oh I know you haven't got a telly but the show is SO big that the papers/mags etc.... cover it frequently. It's one of my Saturday night faves at the moment at the moment but once it finishes next week - what next?????

Oh I know, I can work on the pc and lappy and see what I can do with the error message and dig the old Etch a Sketch out of the loft for added support!!!

Gabs xx

muckshifter

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Oh I know you haven't got a telly but the show is SO big that the papers/mags etc.... cover it frequently. It's one of my Saturday night faves at the moment at the moment but once it finishes next week - what next?????

Oh I know, I can work on the pc and lappy and see what I can do with the error message and dig the old Etch a Sketch out of the loft for added support!!!

Gabs xx
Sorry again Gabs ... I haven't bought a newspaper in years and the only 'mags' I read have a Penguin on the front. However, I constantly upset my brother when I see his TV and say "I have seen this" and promptly tell him "what happens next" ... don't think he watches the X Factor though.

Here is the link for the program ... :thumb:
http://neil.fraser.name/hardware/etch/

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Fascinating link - thought it was you for one sec and realised not!!

Gabs xx

muckshifter

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Fascinating link - thought it was you for one sec and realised not!!

Gabs xx
Nope, not me ... I can give you a program I wrote in Pascal that will draw a box and colour it in for you ... If I find that Floppy Disk. :D

They still sell Etch-a-Sketch's though. :thumb:

Reaction score
etch-a-sketch

Etch-a-Sketch?
Are they worth anything because i may have one in the loft?:D
Hmmm.........Money.....Hmmm....Beer....and more Beer......Hmmm.....:D :D

Ask a Question