Access 2007 replica to master

Reaction score
I keep getting messages that it has been too long since syncing. My database is evidently a replica, not the master, but all the other computers that may have had the master are long gone! How can I make mine the master? I tried using "synchronize now" and checking the "make...design master" box, but didn't have a current master to choose to sync with.

Reaction score
Actually, I see it does say Design Master at the top of the window. I still get this message every time I open it: "This member of the replica set ha exceeded the maximum number of days allowed between synchronizations and can't be synchronized with any other member of the replica set. Delete this replica set member and create a new replica."

I can okay it, then use my database as usual, but will it eventually deny me access or do something crazy?

dpm

Reaction score
Actually, I see it does say Design Master at the top of the window. I still get this message every time I open it: "This member of the replica set ha exceeded the maximum number of days allowed between synchronizations and can't be synchronized with any other member of the replica set. Delete this replica set member and create a new replica."

I can okay it, then use my database as usual, but will it eventually deny me access or do something crazy?
I have the same issue. Did you manage to solve your problem/any pointers?

dpm

Reaction score
No, I'm still clicking okay and using it anyway.
Thanks. I just opened and saved as a standard database, similar to saving any MS Office file. The goal is to be able to open it with Access 2016, which doesn't support replica databases. This reduced the size of the file by 70%. I'm now sampling entries to see if data has been lost but, so far so good.

Ask a Question