After retreiving from back up, I cannot use the button send and re

Muisje70

Note the subject.
I just recovered my PC. I get all my files from back-up and was plesantly
surpriced that even my accounts where filled in.

But it looks like there's something wrong with Windows mail since I cant use
the button sent and recieve anymore. I can use the button for each account
separately and for sent or recieve but not the combibutton thats in the menu.

Does someone have a sollution to this problem??

Karin

mac

Muisje70 said:
Note the subject.
I just recovered my PC. I get all my files from back-up and was plesantly
surpriced that even my accounts where filled in.

But it looks like there's something wrong with Windows mail since I cant
use
the button sent and recieve anymore. I can use the button for each account
separately and for sent or recieve but not the combibutton thats in the
menu.

Does someone have a sollution to this problem??

Karin

Go to tools>accounts>select each account in turn>properties>General tab,
ensure that "include this account when send and receive etc" is checked.

Gary VanderMolen

That symptom can be caused by interference from an antivirus program.
Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail. As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be
turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be
uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)