Advertised broadband speeds fall 41 per cent following rule change

News Advertised broadband speeds fall 41 per cent following rule change

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new article:

Advertised broadband speeds fall 41 per cent following rule change - The rule change means broadband companies should use average speeds instead of 'up to' speeds

New guidance has meant that advertised broadband speeds have fallen 41 per cent in recent months. However this has nothing to do with failing broadband, and everything to do with what broadband companies are allowed to claim in their advertising.

The Advertising Standards Agency ruled earlier this year that broadband companies had been misleading customers with their speed claims, and issued new guidance to prevent this from happening. According to the...

Read more about this article...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well Talk Talk's 38 Mbps starter fibre package is a tad slower than advertised.

vnnxPRj.jpg

:lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is a good thing tbh. Its a far more accurate example of what the BB speeds in the UK are, and how they ain't that good compared to other countries!

That disparity on the VM 200mbps connection though! :eek:

I'm lucky to see the full speeds from my FTTC line tbh, as I'm around 400m from the cab, I should be nearer 60-65Mbb's in reality. I'm lucky to have such a clean line.

7513724620.png

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm paying for what is advertised as 150mbs and this is one speed test result (Hyperoptic):

speedtest001.JPG

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think that above speed test pic is innacurate but I used it as the Ookla speed test for some reason keeps crashing on me. Here's the Which? Test which is probably more accurate:

whichspeedtest.JPG

Ask a Question