ADSL connection goes down, DNS problems?

After diasabling ICS i finally got my adsl-connection working. I thought!
When I install the connection it runs fine for about 30 min, then it dies,
but it still looks that I'm connected, Internet doesn't work. The modem is
transmitting when I try to access a webpage but nothing happens. Once i got
this message in my event log:

Warning Event ID 11050 (translated from swedish)

The servise DNS Client couldn't contact any DNS-server after several
attempts. For the nearest 30 sec the DNS Client won't use the network. to
avoid more problems, If the problem reoccurs controll TCP/IP-configuration.
Check that you configured primary DNS-server.

Ant suggestions?

Gary Fose [MSFT]

You mentioned that you disabled ICS. this leads me to beleive that you have two network
adapters on this machine.

Open your network connections window. Disable any network connections you are not using.

On the DSL connection, make sure it is set to obtain all it;s information from the DSL
device/provider. Then test this again.

If you still have a problem, then statically configure the dSL connection to use a local dNS
server outside your connection, like maybe the one for the ISP or any local DNS server in
your county/state/country.

Most likely the problem is that after disabling ICS, you still have the other connection active
and that is causing the problem you are seeing. Even if it is disconnected, that will still cause a
problem. You must diable it if you are not using it.

HTH,
Gary

--------------------
'--'From: =?Utf-8?B?R3VzdGF2?= <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: ADSL connection goes down, DNS problems?
'--'Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:45:05 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
'--'
'--'After diasabling ICS i finally got my adsl-connection working. I thought!
'--'When I install the connection it runs fine for about 30 min, then it dies,
'--'but it still looks that I'm connected, Internet doesn't work. The modem is
'--'transmitting when I try to access a webpage but nothing happens. Once i got
'--'this message in my event log:
'--'
'--'Warning Event ID 11050 (translated from swedish)
'--'
'--'The servise DNS Client couldn't contact any DNS-server after several
'--'attempts. For the nearest 30 sec the DNS Client won't use the network. to
'--'avoid more problems, If the problem reoccurs controll TCP/IP-configuration.
'--'Check that you configured primary DNS-server.
'--'
'--'Ant suggestions?
'--'

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.