[ACF] updated program info files are available for download

Susan Bugher

honyakusha said:
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:55:02 -0500
That was much better. It closed in about 12-15 seconds.

Hurrah! :) I think we may have identified the problem. Fingers crossed,
hoping the file works okay on Maria's machine too. Thanks much for
helping me test out my theories.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Susan said:
Updated ACF program information files are available for Treepad, dbEdit,
spreadsheets. . .

A newer update is now available:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ftp/

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ftp/acf_List_2006-03-08.csv
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ftp/acf_List_2006-03-08.hjt
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ftp/acf_List_2006-03-08.txt

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

David

Hurrah! :) I think we may have identified the problem. Fingers crossed,
hoping the file works okay on Maria's machine too. Thanks much for
helping me test out my theories.

Susan

Do we get to know your theory? Please.

Sietse Fliege

Susan said:
Hurrah! :) I think we may have identified the problem.

Good thinking, Susan!
I didn't try to help with the .hjt file, as I always only download and
use the .csv file (sorting!).
It's about time I thank you much for this great service for us
dialuppers! And to thank honyakusha for his nice contributions of late!

Susan Bugher

Do we get to know your theory? Please.

Yup. :) I did post the theory up-thread a ways - quoted below:

"I'm thinking *maybe* it's because there are roughly 4000 subnodes under
one node. The 2004-12-11.hjt apps are grouped under alphabetical
subnodes (A, B, C etc.)"

(The most recent .hjt file also uses alphabetical subnodes vs. one node
with all 4000 apps as subnodes.)

Susam
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Sietse said:
Susan Bugher wrote:
Good thinking, Susan!
I didn't try to help with the .hjt file, as I always only download and
use the .csv file (sorting!).

Actually. . . I believe I'm ACF's *expert* on ways to break programs.
Been there, done that a number of times. . . My "finest hour" ;) was
when I managed to break STRUDL (this was in the 70s I think) - turned
out there was a limit the programmers had forgotten about (put in when
they were testing a routine) - many many moons later I was the first to
exceed it.
It's about time I thank you much for this great service for us
dialuppers!

YW. :)
And to thank honyakusha for his nice contributions of late!

Second that.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

MLC

giovedì 9 marzo 2006 Susan Bugher ha scritto:
Hurrah! :) I think we may have identified the problem. Fingers crossed,
hoping the file works okay on Maria's machine too.

YESSS!!!
You nailed it! Thank you :)

David

Yup. :) I did post the theory up-thread a ways - quoted below:

"I'm thinking *maybe* it's because there are roughly 4000 subnodes under
one node. The 2004-12-11.hjt apps are grouped under alphabetical
subnodes (A, B, C etc.)"

(The most recent .hjt file also uses alphabetical subnodes vs. one node
with all 4000 apps as subnodes.)

Susan

Thanks, Susan. I don't use the program so I was unsure if that was the
problem.

Sietse Fliege

Susan said:
Actually. . . I believe I'm ACF's *expert* on ways to break programs.
LOL

Been there, done that a number of times. . . My "finest hour" ;) was
when I managed to break STRUDL (this was in the 70s I think) - turned
out there was a limit the programmers had forgotten about (put in when
they were testing a routine) - many many moons later I was the first
to exceed it.

Wow, you're going a long way back there.
But it shows again that you're a genius! *bg*

David

Wow, you're going a long way back there.
But it shows again that you're a genius! *bg*

Whenever you make something idiot proof they build a better idiot.

Sorry, Susan. I actually stand in awe of your achievements.

Susan Bugher

Whenever you make something idiot proof they build a better idiot.

Yup :) - and my previous forays into the realm of "we never thought
anyone would do *that* with our program" make it easier for me to
recognize the symptoms when I've done it again.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Bjorn Simonsen

Susan Bugher wrote in said:

Thank you Susan, just love these files...particularly when little or
no time to keep up with the group ... only lurking from time to time,
enjoying, cheering and routing :)

All the best,
Bjorn Simonsen

Susan Bugher

Bjorn said:
Susan Bugher wrote in <[email protected]>:
Thank you Susan, just love these files...particularly when little or
no time to keep up with the group ... only lurking from time to time,
enjoying, cheering and routing :)

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for those kind words. I'd like to update the files more
frequently but keep getting sidetracked. . . New files coming RSN. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware