Acer Aspire 3680 drivers for XP

Reaction score
Hi been new to this quite helpfull site, I am not sure if I am posting in the rite place, but sure I'll be re-directed if i'm not...Also quite embarrased considering what I do for a living...LOL

I recently bought anAcer Aspire 3680 which was running Windows Vista..Due to various things going wrong with the laptop and Vista I re-formatted with Windows XP Home...Unfortunately I can't find all the drivers for various components. And Acer been the sh*t tech support that they are have refused to let me know where I can get said drivers as they did not supply the laptop with XP on it, I have looked ont thier sites.Both FTP and HTTP:// but have not come across any yet for xp...If anybody has any idea of a site where I can get the drivers listed below from I would be most greatful..

Here goes:

Modem Device on High Defenition Audio Bus
Video Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_3680.html

user.gif

PS. Can you tone down the colour of your posts - can be a strain on some of us old folks eyes ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Do you mean the links do not work, or the actual downloaded files don't?

I don't know alot about colour blindness, but do you have difficulty reading black, or is it you can't write in black?

Reaction score
I unfortunately have a problem readin or writing in black, which has been baffeling my Dr's, as it is normally the brighter colors that affect sght..I have alo had Glaucoma all my life..Anyway I will try writing in black, it will just take me that little bit longer...

The link to the site is fine..It is the actual drivers themselves that are not working, that is to say you actually download the rite driver..In many instances I have tried to download a paticular driver and come out with something else altogether...And in some cases have clicked on a paticular driver and waited what seems like forever for the yellow prompt bar to download file, and when you click to download nothing happens...

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
OK, how about blue?

I've managed to succesfully download both the VGA drivers on there - 1 is for Intel and the other for nVidia graphics - one of them should work with your laptop....check which graphics you have.

The 'Modem Device' driver you need....there are several modem drivers on there - you need to either work out which device it is for, or go to Device Manager in XP and eliminate the modems already showing as working.

Ask a Question