Acer 1360 ????

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I have a Acer 1360 With a cracked screen. The thing powers up and shows input to the screen but I can not get it to boot into windows and I can not seem to get it to load a Live Linux either. I have taken the hdd out and reformated it so using the rescue discs is not an option.

Any ideas ?

or

Is it worth me while taking it to bits and selling the parts.

Do not know zip about laptops so any info welcomed.

:)

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What happens when you try to boot from a live CD - seem odd that it won't boot from it? Is the laptop set to boot from CD in the bios?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Take off the 3-speed gear leaver, the bell & the pump ... these are the only things you may be able to reuse ... dispose of the rest responsibly. :thumb:

:wave:

oh, did you try and use a "proper" screen?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My guess is it's been dropped and as well as damage to the screen there will be internal damage, most likely to the hard disk, possibly the motherboard.

Only parts worth salvaging, imo, are the memory, PSU & battery.

Possibly the HDD if you have a 2.5" external caddy to check it with.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
What happens when you try to boot from a live CD - seem odd that it won't boot from it? Is the laptop set to boot from CD in the bios?

Yup set in bios. It would before I formated the drive acept the first repair disc and then would ask for the second but would do nothing with it. It would not even start a XP disc. An it will not play with a live cd, kept giving a message but I have forgoten what it said.

Tried it with another hdd but same thing. Seemedd strange to me that it woukld show bios but not boot with any thing. I was guessing it was a half stuffed mobo but just wondered if there was some small thing I had missed out on doing.

nod.gif

Mucks where on earth do I find the bell ??? :p

Ask a Question