Access Access Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
SOS! Anyone! My old computer is no longer functioning. So the only why I could have pulled out my personal files is by connection my old hard drive (password protected with windows xp) to my new computer which is running windows xp. I am not booting from my old hard drive (for some reason you can run windows xp only from the computer that I installed the software on), I boot from my new one and connecting the old one just as a secondary to see my files. The problem is when I get to D:\Documents and Settings, I can get to any folder there but mine (D:\Documents and Settings\Mike) and I receive the error "access denied". I tried to google for answers, but there is no "permissions" tab since I'm not booting from it. What am I suppose to do? Is there any way I can bypass the access denied? Boot from my old hard drive? Or just put in my password so I can get access?
Please help

Reaction score
I don't know but perhaps try to dodge the windows protection **** the following way, that is by ghosting this hard drive (Norton Ghost), then opening the image file of this drive in your XP environment. I think chances are high you can access the files now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question