Here is what I did to replace the urlmon.dll file. I did a search of my Windows folder using Windows Search in the start menu and found every file named urlmon.dll. When you do an update for Windows it backs up the old files and when you do a search you can find all of them. Make sure you use advanced options for your search such as subfolders and hidden files. To make the search faster browse to just the Windows folder instead of searching your whole hard drive (all the files you need will be in there) Once Search has found all the urlmon.dll files look through them by right clicking on them and going to properties. Click on the Version Tab and locate which version of each file is. (6.0.2900.5659) This is the culpret that is causing the crashes. Make sure this file is the one that is in your Windows/System32 folder Continue checking the properties for each fille until you find the one with this version number (6.0.2900.2180) Now Windows is going to throw up all kinds of warning messages if you try to copy and replace the bad file with the older file. Here is what I found that will replace the files without all the warning messages. http://www.killertechtips.com/2008/08/22/how-to-replace-protected-system-dll-files-in-windows/ This program is super easy to use and very small. Once you open it, it will be a CMD window. First you drag the file with version number 6.0.2900.5659 into it and hit enter. Then you drag the file with version number 6.0.2900.2180 into it and hit enter. When it asks you to confirn type in Y and hit enter. Now all you have to do is reboot. I did a search for urlmon.dll after I rebooted and checked the properties for the urlmon.dll that was in my System32 folder and sure enough it replaced it with the older one. I have since checked the webpages that were making IE crash and I cannot get it to repeat the same crashes at all anymore.