Attachments

• compost heap1.jpg
    compost heap1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 140

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
It's interesting that you mention the druid spells Flopps, because I did consider carrying out ye olde Celtic rite, of dancing naked on the compost heap, whilst chanting runic verses.

That's an interesting visual :eek:

The Priestess of Cardiff said:
This doesn't directly influence the growth of the tree, of course, but it does unsettle the neighbours a fair bit.

No doubt ;)

Taffycat said:
Yes of course Niv... here we are, this is a compost heap :p

:lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
How much have you been quoted for the job TC ?? An what diameter are the trees ??

happywave.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
How much have you been quoted for the job TC ?? An what diameter are the trees ??

happywave.gif

The diameter of the thickest couple of branches shooting out of the main stump (which can be left alone) is approx 12" the others are much less, at about 4" approx.

Can't tell you the price yet, because we had to hold off arranging quotes for this week, as we got a bit bogged down trying to sort out which, out of a couple of other wee repair jobbies, we should prioritize - why does everything always happen at once :rolleyes: Hopefully though, we'll get someone to take a look at the tree and quote for it next week :nod:

cirianz said:
Thank you for that TC :)
You made my day, I'm still sniggering
laughingsmiley.gif

Glad about that Ciri... there's nothing like taking part in a good nature ritual once in a while :lol:

Reaction score
My Sister used a splitting axe to take a tree down in her garden recently.
Guess who got called to tidy up for her.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
there's nothing like taking part in a good nature ritual once in a while
laughingsmiley.gif

Try telling that to the old bill when they catch you peeing up against the wall after 15 pints of lager on a Friday night...:wall:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Try telling that to the old bill when they catch you peeing up against the wall after 15 pints of lager on a Friday night...:wall:

Anatomically speaking, I'd find that a tad difficult :lol: :lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:

Can't tell you the price yet,

When you DO get the price can you let me know verrrry gently because my trees are a LOT bigger than yours. :p

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
The diameter of the thickest couple of branches shooting out of the main stump (which can be left alone) is approx 12" the others are much less, at about 4" approx.

Can't tell you the price yet, because we had to hold off arranging quotes for this week, as we got a bit bogged down trying to sort out which, out of a couple of other wee repair jobbies, we should prioritize - why does everything always happen at once :rolleyes: Hopefully though, we'll get someone to take a look at the tree and quote for it next week :nod:

Glad about that Ciri... there's nothing like taking part in a good nature ritual once in a while :lol:

Thems not trees they is twigs. Would have the lot cut down and logged in a couple of hours. Bet your quote is for over £200.

happywave.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Thems not trees they is twigs. Would have the lot cut down and logged in a couple of hours. Bet your quote is for over £200.

happywave.gif

Cheek! Calling our noble-though-slightly-dodgy willow a twig indeed :rolleyes: But yes, I would think the quote would be in excess of that. Even one of those cold-caller chappies I mentioned above (you know the sort... "I'll just sit on the end of this high branch whilst I saw through it...ooops!" bods) was asking more than that... and of course, there is always the chance that the price would be "upped" afterwards (or have we watched too many of those "Rogue Traders" progs on tv? ;))

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Might be a noble willow but youd only be able to make cricket bats for midgets out of it.
laughingsmiley.gif

If you only want them cutting down to ground level and logged up and have a set of extending ladders I'd do the job for £200. It would have to be later in the year though.

:D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Gosh, what a very kind offer Abarbarian, please don't think I've been rudely ignoring you - but I've just been ill for a couple of days. If you don't mind, I will PM. :wave:

Reaction score
Hold on folks!
Abarbarian, do you hold personal & public liability insurance for over £1 Million in case of an accident to yourself or Taffycats property?
If not then i suggest TC you find a qualified person that can do the job properly & safely.

TC contact your council as stated before & once you get permission to cut the trees down ask the council for a list of approved contactors.

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Do I need council permission to cut my trees back as opposed to cutting them down completely? :confused:

Reaction score
nivrip said:
Do I need council permission to cut my trees back as opposed to cutting them down completely? :confused:
Depends if your trees are covered by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) or not.
Failure to comply & you could be fined up to £10k!!!!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks murdoch. :thumb:

murdoch said:
Failure to comply & you could be fined up to £10k!!!!

In that case I shall write to the council.:nod:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm just resurrecting this post because the tree guys came to cut down our willow today. They made an excellent job of it too - they had a large chipper, which made speedy work of the branches, spewing them out into the back of their pick-up vehicle. The rest was logged and removed, so great work. The pic was taken immediately after they left, so not had time to tidy up this bit of the garden properly yet, hence loads of fallen leaves and bits and pieces :rolleyes: (The original willow can be seen in the pic at the beginning of this thread.)

We used a professional team - their quote was very reasonable at £211
:thumb:
WillowTreegone.jpg

Ask a Question