A series of not really helpful errors

Jim Helfer

I am having a problem with Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Gamma on a WinXpSp2
workstation. I've posted to a Photoshop-related group, but because of
the generaly vague nature of the error messages and my suspicious that
this is something "not right" in a windows-related file or reg entry, I
thought I would post here to see if I could garner any advice to track
this down:

Here are the error messages I get

1. Photoshop 9.0.2 running on Windows XP2. On starting, after a longish
delay on loading preferences, I get the error:

"Could not initialize Photoshop because of a problem using the Adobe
Color Engine" and PS exits.

2. I also get possibly related error when trying to run "Adobe Gamma.CPL"

"An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32l.dll,
Control_RunDLL "C:\Program files\Common Files\Adove\Calibration\Adobe
Gamma.CPL"

3. Running "Adobe Gamma Loader.exe" returns this error.

"Adobe Gamma Loader had encountered a problem and needs to close. "

Thanks for any ideas.

Jim Helfer
WTW Architects
Pittsburgh PA

Jim Helfer

Jim said:
[...]

In this case, sfc.exe /scannow solved this problem.

Alex Xie [MSFT]

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your post and the additional feedback on how you were
successful in resolving this issue. This information has been added to
Microsoft's database. Your solution will benefit many other users, and we
really value having you as a Microsoft customer.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Alex Xie
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.