84hawkeye introduction

Reaction score
I am 84 years old and have worked on industrial main frame applications for 45 years
I know nothing about programming, am pretty good on desktop pc's
I am a veteran of world war II, spent nearly 3 years in the south pacific
with the 13th Jungle Air Force in the 868th heavy bombardment squadron as a
bombsight and auto pilot technician.
My eyesight isn't the greatest but I am in great physical shape and walk 1.3 miles a day.
I have had a quadruple bypass heart surgery, am 5'7" and weigh 150 pounds.
I am retired from industry where I was a "Materials Manager" and trouble shooter.
My present hobbies are computer surfing and golf, can still shoot in the low 80's.
I am and will remain until my demise "a foot stomping, hand clapping, flag waiving
patriot and surviver of ww II.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello & Welcome to PCReview Hawkeye ... :wave:

:thumb:

Reaction score
What Planes did we use

B24 Liberator. We flew night radar tracking low level Japanese shipping attacks and 18 hour missions to Borneo oil fields and back to Neumfor Island
off the coast of New Gruinea destroying their oil sites.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By 84hawkeye

I am 84 years old and have worked on industrial main frame applications for 45 years
I know nothing about programming, am pretty good on desktop pc's
I am a veteran of world war II, spent nearly 3 years in the south pacific
with the 13th Jungle Air Force in the 868th heavy bombardment squadron as a
bombsight and auto pilot technician.
My eyesight isn't the greatest but I am in great physical shape and walk 1.3 miles a day.
I have had a quadruple bypass heart surgery, am 5'7" and weigh 150 pounds.
I am retired from industry where I was a "Materials Manager" and trouble shooter.
My present hobbies are computer surfing and golf, can still shoot in the low 80's.
I am and will remain until my demise "a foot stomping, hand clapping, flag waiving
patriot and surviver of ww II.
user_online.gif
That must be the most beautiful and Historically wonderful introduction i have ever heard ...welcome aboard sir ..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Want to contact 84hawkeye

I see 84hawkeye was a member of the 868th BS. My father was a radar observer on Ober's crew in the 868th. I would like to contact him and learn more about him if possible. Hopefully he will receive a message and leave a post. Thank you.

a1romeo

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hiya a1romeo, welcome to the forum.

Once you've made over ten posts, you can send 84hawkeye a private message.

If all you want to do is contact him and not become a forum regular, would you like me to send him a private message on your behalf?

He hasn't been here for a while, may have been just a fleeting visit, but it may be worth a shot, who knows?

Would be good if you two could get in touch, so let me know :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Hiya a1romeo, welcome to the forum.

Once you've made over ten posts, you can send 84hawkeye a private message.

If all you want to do is contact him and not become a forum regular, would you like me to send him a private message on your behalf?

He hasn't been here for a while, may have been just a fleeting visit, but it may be worth a shot, who knows?

Would be good if you two could get in touch, so let me know :)

That would be wonderful. I don't want to post my email and don't know how to make such a contact. It looks like there is no Private messaging unless as you say I have to post 10 times.

Please send a message to 84hawkeye with this link and thank you so very much.

a1romeo

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, I've sent hawkeye a private message alerting him to this thread and your posting.

Unfortunately he has his e-mail facility turned off in his profile.

I've done all I can - good luck :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Ok, I've sent hawkeye a private message alerting him to this thread and your posting.

Unfortunately he has his e-mail facility turned off in his profile.

I've done all I can - good luck :)

Thank you so much. Does that mean that he will not be automatically receiving these responses to his introduction posting also or are you unable to tell that?

romeo

Reaction score
84hawkeye to al romero

formerly 84 hawkeye a wwII vet of the 13th jungle air force 868th heavy bombardment squadron and can be reached at (e-mail address removed) email

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I found the above post in the XP forum, but I guess it has something to do with this thread so I've moved it in here :)

Reaction score
mollydog said:
formerly 84 hawkeye a wwII vet of the 13th jungle air force 868th heavy bombardment squadron and can be reached at (e-mail address removed) email

Mollydog: Thank you for the response. I have sent a message via email. The name has the digit 1 not ell (l).

a1romeo