6.7 on the richter scale

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well, four more yesturday, two of them over 5, but none so far today :)
fingers crossed, maybe that's it :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hope they are over for you now Ciri you must be feeling that you've had enough by now :nod: Have your animals reacted to the tremors? I've often heard it said that they sometimes pick-up on these things, even before they happen, and will behave strangely, so wondered whether you had noticed anything?

Please keep safe :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Hope they are over for you now Ciri you must be feeling that you've had enough by now :nod: Have your animals reacted to the tremors? I've often heard it said that they sometimes pick-up on these things, even before they happen, and will behave strangely, so wondered whether you had noticed anything?

Please keep safe :)

I know. Aparently dogs will howl before an earthquake & all sorts of stuff so I kept an eye on my animals, but to tell the truth they didn't seem any different than usual. Maybe 6.7 isn't enough to deign noticing on the cat rickter scale :rolleyes:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Aww sounds like you have really laid-back animals Ciri :) Nicer than seeing them become spooked though :nod:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Only one yesturday, & that, interestingly, was up at Matata... ie the other end of where the fault line crosses NZ
What is that saying... "curiouser & curiouser"

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Looks like everything's settling back down to normal again. There's been a couple more mild grumblings up north, but nothing strong enough to be really felt. Pretty much normal for up there I believe. No more aftershocks down here or significant bumps (anything over 5) anywhere along the line :)
definite sigh of relief :nod:
:):):)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Must be a relief to feel that things are settling again :nod: Let's hope that you have had your full quota of earth movement for a good while :nod: :thumb: