5 in 1 card reader not recognized in deveice drive

Reaction score
I have rebooted by unplugging, holding 5 seconds on the power button, disconnected the firmware wires from inside the pc. NOTHING. The usb works on the reader just not the sd. The drive is not listed at all. I also get a unrecognized usb port error. Is that my issue?

The card reader is a factory installed unit from HP. The one that was new with the PC went bad due to prongs being bent. Then it stopped all together.

I bought a new one but have the drive not showing in the device manager at all. There has to be a way to get the drives to show

Reaction score
dcoleaz said:
I have rebooted by unplugging, holding 5 seconds on the power button, disconnected the firmware wires from inside the pc. NOTHING. The usb works on the reader just not the sd. The drive is not listed at all. I also get a unrecognized usb port error. Is that my issue?

The card reader is a factory installed unit from HP. The one that was new with the PC went bad due to prongs being bent. Then it stopped all together.

I bought a new one but have the drive not showing in the device manager at all. There has to be a way to get the drives to show

Welcome to the forum...
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Wat model HP comphave you got..Thi will help us know what card reader it uses..
What OS does it run...?
What is the new reader you bought..?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, the model of the new reader will help a lot. Does it just use a single USB connection to supply the whole unit? It does sound as though the "unrecognized usb port error" is the problem.

Reaction score
Thanks!

It is a hp pavillion a1257c, the card reader is the factory installed unit.
I run windows Xp
The usb port is working on the 5 in 1 and appears to have its own connection cable. The "card" have it own plug in.

Ask a Question