3.99 gb DVD Image file

Ayush

I used Nero's "Copy DVD" command to copy a dvd [4.38gb] to my d:\ [Fat32]
drive. Everything went fine but now there are two files "Dvd.nrg" [3.99 gb]
and "Dvd.nrg.001" . I am using Daemon virtual drive to mount th image. Every
single file is ok but when i moved the .nrg.001 file to another folder, some
icon's and some files are missing from the virtual drive. After putting the
file back there, everything fine. I copied another DVD to another drive [e:\
Fat32] but the same thing again [one .nrg file 3.99 gb and one .nrg.001
file]. Now when i want to analyze any of the drive[d: or e:] with Diskeeper
, it gives me the error "ScanFat :Scan Aborted - Fatal Error -File: \\?
<path and name of the .nrg file>"

Ayush

Thanks, now I will format it again. Can you tell me what is better >
Reformat OR
Just convert it.

Malke

Ayush said:
I used Nero's "Copy DVD" command to copy a dvd [4.38gb] to my d:\
[Fat32] drive. Everything went fine but now there are two files
"Dvd.nrg" [3.99 gb] and "Dvd.nrg.001" . I am using Daemon virtual
drive to mount th image. Every single file is ok but when i moved the
.nrg.001 file to another folder, some icon's and some files are
missing from the virtual drive. After putting the file back there,
everything fine. I copied another DVD to another drive [e:\ Fat32] but
the same thing again [one .nrg file 3.99 gb and one .nrg.001
file]. Now when i want to analyze any of the drive[d: or e:] with
Diskeeper , it gives me the error "ScanFat :Scan Aborted - Fatal Error
-File: \\? <path and name of the .nrg file>"

FAT32 has a 4 GB limit and you've gone over it. If you want to back up
DVD images to this hard drive, format it NTFS. You probably should just
format the drive now.

Malke

Malke

"Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote:

I'm sorry, but I should have been more precise - FAT32 has a 4GB
file-size limit. You probably knew I meant that, but I wanted to make
sure my previous post was clear.

Malke

Malke

Ayush said:
Thanks, now I will format it again. Can you tell me what is better >
Reformat OR
Just convert it.

Just reformat it. Much cleaner and easier and will avoid any problems
because of the messed up file on it.

Malke

Jonny

Neither. Remove the current partition. Create a new one in NTFS. You
cannot format a partition designed for FAT32 for NTFS use.
--
Jonny

Malke said:
"Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote:

I'm sorry, but I should have been more precise - FAT32 has a 4GB
file-size limit. You probably knew I meant that, but I wanted to make
sure my previous post was clear.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Ayush

Well , I don't know about allocation size. Can you tell me step by step
procedure. Thanks.

"Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
| Thanks, now I will format it again. Can you tell me what is better >
| Reformat OR
| Just convert it.
|
| | > "Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote:
| >
| > I'm sorry, but I should have been more precise - FAT32 has a 4GB
| > file-size limit. You probably knew I meant that, but I wanted to make
| > sure my previous post was clear.
| >
| > Malke
| > --
| > Elephant Boy Computers
| > www.elephantboycomputers.com
| > "Don't Panic!"
| > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Frank

Malke said:
"Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote:

I'm sorry, but I should have been more precise - FAT32 has a 4GB
file-size limit. You probably knew I meant that, but I wanted to make
sure my previous post was clear.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Reformat it, be sure to choose the correct allocation unit size. It may
default
to 512 which will cause a performance hit.

Ayush

At last, I converted the drive to NTFS without any problem.