    Also, NAV will not install, and when I go to any of the online virus
    scanners, I get the above message......

    Thanks

    Guest, Oct 31, 2004

    PA Bear Guest

    Copy/paste the following line into an IE Addressbar, click on GO, then
    copy/paste the results into your reply:

    javascript:navigator.appMinorVersion
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

    PA Bear, Oct 31, 2004

    Re: your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX contro

    ;SP1;Q818925;Q330994;Q822925;Q828750

    This is on a different pc.. so I have to type them

    Guest, Oct 31, 2004

    PA Bear Guest

    Re: your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX contro

    You're more than a year behind with your Critical Updates and Patches.
    Please visit Windows Update ASAP.

    I would *not* install SP2 until you have this current problem straightened
    out (and the patches you're missing might just do that).

    You can check and alter your ActiveX settings via

    IE Tools>Internet Options>Security>[zone]>Custom>ActiveX

    Resetting the zone in which you're working to its default (or putting the
    problem page in Internet zone) might be something to try, too.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

    PA Bear, Nov 1, 2004

    Re: your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX contro

    Already tried all of the settings. One of the problems is that I can't even
    do the Windows updates because it comes up with the activeX error message.
    I guess maybe it needs a complete install. ??

    Guest, Nov 1, 2004

    PA Bear Guest

    Re: your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX contro

    That problem is (IIRC) discussed at
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/.

    Also see:

    Why can't I download updates?