Windows Mail Command "The Command Failed To Execute"

jwitt001

I have Vista, I8 and msn and have the same problem.  Decided to stay with IE8 and go with Windows Live Mail which will continue to be supported versus MSN.  Able to use IE8 and Live Mail and open attachments.  Had to spend some time loading favorites on Live Mail but it all works.

t-4-2

You might want to check your default encoding. You have a few " gibberish "
in your text.
i.e. " ......have the same problem.  "
....... " MSN.  "
....... " open attachments.  "

t-4-2

in message news:eAMADyE#[email protected]...

Candy

I have been having a terrible time with the same issue. This has only
occured since I updated my computer with the normal Microsoft updates. I
cannot open various attachments. I have looked at the properties tab and
also do not see a selection that you said to change to "%UserProfile% nor do
I know where to find the IEB to uninstall it. Please Reply.

By the way. I started a thread and got a reply. When I opened the page was
blank. So? I decided to post here.

Candy

Candy

I just figured out you are saying IE8 rather than IEB. And understand now my
problems are update to IE8 which I did. How do you load thru favorites and
what are you loading?

mike-at-midnightpc.com

Hi -

New to the forums . . . same problem on a customer's PC, but a few
differences that stump me. He has IE7, not 8. I tried the new shortcut from
the .EXE file (after deleting the Desktop shortcut), rebooted, same "Failed
to exc . . .". Tried restoring back to before the problem showed up, but
still shows same error. He's one of those customers that doesn't like change,
so I'd like to avoid the update to Live. Any ideas?

Thanks,

mike-at-midnightpc.com

Nana Janet

I'm having exactly the same problem. The last update really messed up my
opening of attachments. What I do is save the attachment and then it lets me
open it by going to the program it requires to execute. A Pain In the 'A..'
but at least it works!

Trish

I have not knowingly recently installed anything (other than auto updates).
What is IE8? I cannot find it to uninstall it....I am using Vista.
Thanks!!

Gary VanderMolen

IE8 = Internet Explorer 8.
Open your Internet Explorer, go to its Help, About..., and read the version number.