why does it say i have unsent messages in my outbox? you

KAGinSantaBarbara

That doesn't answer the question. Why isn't the mail going out? I have been
working on this problem for 4 1.2 hours now with very little success. Have
found "Help" decidedly UNhelpful. Why won't my mail go out?

Bruce Hagen

Even if you don't 'see' any messages in the Outbox, see this.

How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html

WMUtil
http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

KAGinSantaBarbara said:
That doesn't answer the question. Why isn't the mail going out? I have
been
working on this problem for 4 1.2 hours now with very little success.
Have
found "Help" decidedly UNhelpful. Why won't my mail go out?

Gary VanderMolen

As near as I could make it out, the question "quallyna" asked is how to get
rid of unsent messages in the Outbox. How does my response not answer that?

To be sure, newbies often ask the wrong question, and it may take several go-arounds
to get at the real problem.

Most of the time a failure to send is accompanied by an error message.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do
much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"KAGinSantaBarbara" wrote in message
That doesn't answer the question. Why isn't the mail going out? I have been
working on this problem for 4 1.2 hours now with very little success. Have
found "Help" decidedly UNhelpful. Why won't my mail go out?

chaotic11

I just want to know why I keep getting ERROR in my mail box in the bottom
right sided corner. Will this interfere with other messages being sent or
incoming. How do I get rid of it. Thanking you Ruth Gracie

Steve Cochran

If you double click on the error icon it will show what the error was and then you can try and rectify it.

steve

Gary VanderMolen

Double-click on that error, and it should pop up a fuller explanation.
If you need more help, right-click on that fuller error message, copy,