• Other...

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
FireFox is rapidly gaining ground against Internet Explorer, as more people are worried about security and bugs that have plagued IE6.

Microsoft are due to release IE7 Beta in a few months time... which browser will you be using?

According to the server logs, 67.1% of you are using IE6, 21.4% using FireFox... and the rest are using older versions of IE or other browsers (Gecko, Safari, etc...)

Reaction score
IE

I want to use firefox and have tried on a few ocasions, but i just can be doing with the odd page that won't display properly, so i'm back with IE.

And to be honest i've never had a problem.

J

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I use Firefox! :)

I created another thread giving details of Firetune and how to make Firefox faster, if you are using Firefox, I would consider that little tweak mandatory.

Here is the link to the thread in case you missed it

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I use Firefox 99% of the time, although it doesnt work properly with my University's Virtual Campus so i use IE for that.
I've also tried using Opera, which i do like very much, but it does have a few problems sometimes.

Firefox is very easily customised to my needs - I particularly like the mose gestures add on which saves me lots of mose/keyboard movements.

I never really had troubles with IE, but i did get a little worried about the security vunerabilities I kept hearing about. The main reason, other than security, that i switched to Firefox was for all of the extra features. It has nice looking themes too.

I also use Thunderbird now instead of Outlook Express, for similar reasons.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mostly IE, sometimes Opera. Outlook 2003 for e-mail.

I tried Firefox, I just couldn't get on with it, didn't like the feel of it. I know, I'm odd ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I know, I'm odd ;)

Why do you think we get along well? Ain't that odd for some reason? :D

Give Firefox another chance, maybe this time it just might click ;)

Reaction score
i've been using firefox almost exclusively for about 8 months now.

i say "almost" because I still use IE to play on the MSN gaming zone. If anyone knows how to use firefox for this then I can finally delete the shortcut from my quicklaunch

Reaction score
Opera as much as i can but some sites dont alwasy work so i use IE6 if a site dont work with opera.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
IE for me ...

Firefox has just as many 'holes' as does IE ... ;)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I agree Firefox does have some hole in it, as IE does too.
I find Firefox to provide a much more pleasant bwosing experience though, even though it cant display some sites properly.
It's all down to personal preference though i guess.

IE was always targeted by hackers as it was the most popular browser. And now Firefox is growing in popularity at an incredible rate, it too is becoming an ever so more popular target to hack. No browser is 100% secure, so all you can do is find a browser that suits your needs, and make sure you take relevant preventative steps such as good firewall and AV, and adopt sensible browsing habits. :)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
IE for me ...

Firefox has just as many 'holes' as does IE ... ;)

i think its time to invent a new internet browser, what do u think?

Reaction score
what abt netscape as an option on the voting?

its got to be there !

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
AOL here, it works for me so no problems here

Reaction score
i hate AOL (AO HELL)'s Browser, it is the worst thing i have ever come accross...

Well that is my humble opinion...

Have a nice day :)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I second that, as I also have a disliking of AOL. But if it works well for any individual then they should use it.!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't believe that there are so many FireFox users... I think that IE users are so silly to vote ;) Where as FireFox users like to get involved - as the site stats have the percentages the other way around! (I'm an IE user before anyone asks ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question