• Opera

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other...

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When I tried Firefox, I almost forgot IE.

Sometimes I use IE just to see how my website look on IE.

Reaction score
Which Browser?

IE7, I haven't had too many problems so far with it. I hear that Firefox is faster though, but its hard to change when your so use to something.

Reaction score
I only use IE7 when I have to. MS Windows updates and some other updates/downloads not ported for Firefox come to mind. Otherwise I much prefer Firefox, and use it most of the time. I never liked IE6. Version 7 mimics Firefox in many ways, but since I've gotten used to Mozilla I just keep using it. Never had a problem with Firefox. Never had either a virus or spy-ware on it either. Ad blocking in Firefox is a big plus as well.

Reaction score
I really do not like IE7 so Firefox is the one for me. I have used it about 2 or 3 years now (version 0.5 or so I think)

I do like the Ad blocker add on you get which can block the adverts on web pages. So many great add ons for it and customisable skins.

I also use Thunderbird.....as the email client.

Reaction score
Mozilla Firefox

I mainly use Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.12)but you can sometimes catch me using Internet Explorer 7.

Though not a part of this topic, I'd just like to point out now: I hate how things vary between the two browsers, it's annoying when making a webpage.

Reaction score
Firefox

Lately there's been news about Firefox being so memory hungry that it can take up to 400MB during a long session. I guess that with a 2GB ram rig I just don't notice.
My wife likes IE7 because she's just used to it. For her, switching to Firefox is more trouble than it's worth. I guess that for both of us, old habits die hard...
I think the same goes for Google. I just go there first. I have bookmarks for lots of different search engines, but unless Google fails me I never use them.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Newf said:
I only use IE7 when I have to. MS Windows updates and some other updates/downloads not ported for Firefox come to mind. Otherwise I much prefer Firefox, and use it most of the time. I never liked IE6. Version 7 mimics Firefox in many ways, but since I've gotten used to Mozilla I just keep using it. Never had a problem with Firefox. Never had either a virus or spy-ware on it either. Ad blocking in Firefox is a big plus as well.

IE Tab the add-on works great in FF and you can download from the Microsoft site from FF.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Google Chrome, IE7 and FF3 on one laptop, FF3 and IE8 beta on another laptop, Safari and Opera and FF3 on Mac Pro

Reaction score
What do you think?

I don't like Firefox for 2 reasons:

1: The page- remembering thing is annoying;

2:It's slow, at least on my computer.

Reaction score
These days I'm using Seamonkey, as fast as Google Chrome I reckon.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Steve Jobs fan eh?

Does that make you a Jobsworth? :D

AppleFanboy said:
What do you think?

I don't like Firefox for 2 reasons:

1: The page- remembering thing is annoying;

2:It's slow, at least on my computer.

What do I think? I think you don't like Firefox, that's what I think. Good eh? I am filled with amazing powers of perception :)

But that's ok 'cos I don't like Firefox either.

No prejudices, I just don't like the feel of it, is all.

I will say though, I've run Firefox in Win XP; Vista; Seven and Linux Mint and it certainly wasn't slow in any of them.

All 'IBM' machines btw, nowt Apple here, though I wouldn't rule an i_Mac or whatever they're called now out of the equation, if I needed one I'd entertain one.

But I don't.

So I won't.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question