• Other...

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sorry, dont wanna go off topic, but why do you all dislike AOL so much? Whats so bad about them?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Why do we not like AOL?

Simple, really, AOL is like a virus, you have no control, AOL decides what updates you need, and if you don't install them, you can't surf.

They treat you like a child, they know best, you don't.

AOL takes over your whole operating system. No matter how good you are, only way to really get rid of of AOL is format: C

AOL installs stuff in your main operating system. User profile; registry; you name it, there will be an AOL file lurking there.

And this coming from somebody who used AOL dial-up for five years.

Only reason was at the time they were the only ISP who allowed long downloads. Every other UK ISP cut you off after two hours or so.

If you can put up with being controlled, then AOL is the one for you.

If you want independence - wipe that hard drive and find an alternative ISP.

Reaction score
i used to use aol dailup at a time

i used to hate their web browser!
really really annoyin and slow!

Reaction score
i've took part in looks of vote like this 1 on other forum and so on.

i've always voted IE untill now - i've voted firefox.

i was gettin very very slow load up time with IE and was told to try firefox but din't want the hastle of changin my ways - but i'm completly happy i changed and it was very easy to make the move to firefox.

you control it almost the same was and has a few thing IE dosen't have and dont think ill ever use IE again.

Reaction score
is Firefox free to dowload?

tbh id never heard of it before! but it looks good from the feedback and im ditching IE cuz of popups
so it looks worth a shout

Reaction score
Yes it is free to download, and i would recommend it to anyone.

Here is a Link to download it

Just click on the free download button in the top-right of the page.

Last edited:
Reaction score
cheers darkangel

i think i recognise this programe from LINUX lol!!!

at the moment in om netscape maybe i will install firefox and start using that

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I can't believe that there are so many FireFox users... I think that IE users are so silly to vote ;) Where as FireFox users like to get involved - as the site stats have the percentages the other way around! (I'm an IE user before anyone asks ;)).

I have to agree. people who bother downloading Firefox also are more like to bother to vote.

I use Firefox, mainly because it gives me the better feeling. But If the IE7 IS better, why not use it? We blame MS for stopping the competition. But you have to agree that MS played quite fair this time, huh? So, it's all about getting the better product on the market. If MS is able to do that, they have been many times, then use their products, but give other peeps a try too!

Reaction score
im using firefox

must admit the writing looks a lot smaller on my screen but its prob some setting ill have to change
but overall
firefox looks very nice its just like netscape!
:)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I use IE6, but I'm going to be trying out Firefox as well soon as I've heard good reviews.

Reaction score
hi does anyone know or can anyone tell me where you can get the white/black stand up speak up bands close to waterlooville

Reaction score
hay does anyone know where i can get a stand up speak up band that is anywhere close to waterlooville?? x

Reaction score
Hate popups

Hmm, since about august of '04 Ive used firefox, it took a day or two to get the hang of but I like it. The only annoyance I had that i can remember was having to add a java pack to it. Other than that I do love the pop window control and how it lists the sites blocked in the lower left corner and lets you create rules for that site. Have never used Opera but it does sound curious.

Reaction score
I've been using IE so long now, I probably wouldn't take to a new browser. Just about to turn 40, so I'm getting too old for new things, LOL (I'm still using Win98!!). However, IE6 has been annoying the hell out of me recently as just about every day it crashes, taking half of my taskbar with it and I have to reopen IE and start again, or reboot completely.

I don't know enough to know if IE is to blame, or some spyware or conflict. I get so many ads offering to scan for errors or clean my PC of nasty little gremlins, I don't know what the answer is.

We got a new PC with Win XP for the kids, and I'm about to get it online and use it as well for my eBay business and personal stuff, so maybe getting used to the new OS will be a chance to try out a new browser. Any suggestions to cure my IE, or should I just dump it?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to the forum ...

Hello Irishrebel,

My personal opinion is IE6 was never designed for anything less than XP and I have had to 'fix' a few PCs that the owners had installed IE6 on 98/ME systems. My advice for the 98 PC is yes, give it a try, Firefox has come a long way and is ready for mainstream use.

However, on your XP system I see no point, providing you are using SP2 and a couple of other nice programs such as MS Anti-Spyware and SpywareBlaster along with a good Anti-Virus program ... even Firefox users should be using those programs.

If you feel the need, start a new thread and we will assist in anyway we can.

:thumb:

Reaction score
I use IE only, I have never had a problem with it and especially now with the advent of SP2 for XP the worries are basically over. Most people went for Firefox because of the popup blocker, but now that IE has that why go to Firefox?

I feel as long as you keep your patches up to date and browse regular sites you will be okay.

Just my 5 cents.

Reaction score
IE was good for it's time but now we have fireox and that is safe and has some very god features even better than any Microsoft browser. :)

Reaction score
psd99 said:
lol nah its not!!!
it says firefox!!!:)

Let me clarify in a very basic, straight to the point sorta way. A guy worked for Netscape, he thought it had too much "stuff", more than people needed. They didn't listen, so he left and did his own thing, broke down the browser to what people want...Firefox.

To others that say that IE is safe now that they have SP2, don't blind yourself to reality. The targeted browser for hackers is IE. IE also has the SLOWEST rendering engine among Firefox, Netscape, and Opera. IE still doesn’t even have Tabs. One of the biggest differences between IE and Firefox is, Firefox doesn't run ActiveX components or VB script. IE says this is why they are better, but NO this is why Firefox is more secure.

The only other thing I want to say is, if you use Firefox, you need to keep IE around to view the sites that use ActiveX and VB script. Only until Firefox takes over and Web Designers like me stop using ActiveX and VB script.

Sorry if I went overboard.

Av

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question